Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning :sun:

Morning folks. Trying to sell car parts but we got hit by this worldwide computer outage, so all of our computers are down and we can't sell anything. We "can" sell pen and paper with cash, but most of our commercial customers need their accounts billed to close out their work orders so they can't buy from us.
HL Supply website is unresponsive this morning.
Seems you're not alone...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ne...S&cvid=ea5b38efb1b544958abf325d058a61a6&ei=79

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A flawed software update sent out by a little-known cybersecurity company caused major computer outages around the world on Friday, affecting airlines, hospitals, emergency responders and scores of other businesses and services. How could that happen?
The chaos stemmed from an update sent by CrowdStrike, a cybersecurity company based in Austin, Texas, to businesses that use its software to protect against hackers and online intruders. But when CrowdStrike’s new code reached computers that run Microsoft Windows software, the machines began to crash.
The fallout was immediate and harmful. CrowdStrike and Microsoft underpin many major businesses. Airlines canceled flights and airports fell into chaos in the United States, Europe and Asia. In the United States, operators of 911 lines in multiple states could not respond to emergencies. Parts of Britain’s National Health Service reported problems. New driver’s licenses could not be issued in some areas. Some television broadcasters could not go on the air.
The cascading effects highlighted the world’s reliance on Microsoft and a handful of cybersecurity firms like CrowdStrike that provide the world’s technological backbone. When a single flawed piece of software is released over the internet, it can almost instantly damage countless companies and organizations that depend on those software providers to conduct everyday business.
https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/crow...hospitals-it-misses-most-important-point.html

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On today's episode of A day in the life of a dealership...

IMG955890.jpg

The people with the red Buick are currently signing papers on their new one.
The people with the gray Honda were coming back this afternoon to pick up their new vehicle.
Looks like we will have a scratch and dent used sale upcoming.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My eyelids are sagging from old age, and causing my eyelashes to be pushed into my eye. Plus I have to get a camera stuck down my throat, AND I've got to see an orthopedic doctor about the tendon in my heel. Blood pressure is good now though.
Try the eyelash curler thingy…in the cupboard next to the tampins…you shouldn’t have much trouble finding it.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag