Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't compute as I sometimes live in a cave Larry. But you got a like anyway. LOL
Please expand your thoughts
I was talking to Dallas yesterday, and we got around to talking about vehicles. He started telling me about registering and taxes and inspections on trucks and trailer for no commercial purposes. Sales taxes and income taxes. So I asked him if the Capitol of West Virginia was Boston. He used to call me a masshole as I am from up there. I told him it sounds like he lives in Massachusetts. Lol. We had a good laugh.

footstep

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning men, went from sunny in the 80-s, to rain, I swear oregon weather is bi polar.

I hit a plastic water meter cover with the Honda & bent the crank, that was a $300 lesson, 250 for the crank & 50 for new blades.

Attachments

• 20240622_145341.jpg
    20240622_145341.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 12

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn't he the guy that wanted to buy Twitter for $44b, and then didn't, and then did again after everyone called him out on it?

Talk about losing touch with reality...
Some people seem to think he's the antichrist and I'll definitely concede that he's a little bit out there and says some off the wall stuff, but there's a lot of things he isn't wrong about. This is one of them.

I think the media and a lot of politicians really hate him because of how strongly he advocates for free speech.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My favorites off the top of my head are a request for a quote on an oil change, and how long would it take us to do it, and when I told a guy we did not offer a clutch for his 07? Chevy Tracker "Well how about you transfer me over to someone who can find one!" I left his ass on hold till he hung up. Shops are priceless, one in particular will call us in a raging fury about why their oil that they ordered after the tech drained the oil out of the car hasn't shown up yet, only to have their employee tell them the oil showed up, was put in the car, and the customer has left already.

That sucks, we get them for ~$100 when walk-in is $200 on standard 5-year batteries.
Oh, some of the shops are just as bad as the walk-ins. We have one in particular that returns approximately 1/3rd of everything they buy due to misordering. We delivered parts 6 times to their shop before 9AM one day.

Another one keeps warranting "defective" rotors that they bought years ago. There is no real way to even tell if they are our rotors. The commercial account manager insists we return them, so whatever...

The batteries thing does suck. I get a very healthy discount on just about everything else we sell, I can buy most stuff for close to cost. But no one gets discounts on batteries because we don't set the price on them.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s up dudes!?!?! The gov’t has made our lives rough lately. They’ve put in a new law regarding dry grass and flammable vegetation in open fields and land plots. Basically they’ve given everyone until the end of the month to remove flammable vegetation from their property or face being fined. Also they risk having reimbursements voided in case of loss due to fire.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID