jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know you folks love to rag on engineers, but I'm gonna continue passing the buck off to the beancounters, and here's a prime example of why.

Isn't he the guy that wanted to buy Twitter for $44b, and then didn't, and then did again after everyone called him out on it?

Talk about losing touch with reality...

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One more retarded phone call and I might snap... guy just called and starts with "You're aware that they are undercutting you on the advance website?"

Um no, if you buy online, there is a 20% coupon code you can use. We aren't undercutting ourselves.

Then says "Well, can you just match the 20% off on a battery so I don't have to order it online?"

No, the 20% doesn't apply to batteries, online or in-store. The price of batteries doesn't change.

Then he hangs up, calls right back and my boss answers. Dummy asks the same questions, gets the same answers, and goes "Oh so you must've talked to the other guy (me) about not giving the discount?"

Um no, *s-wordhead. It doesn't change. No one is trying to scam you out of 20% on a battery. Try to order it online if you don't believe me. It won't let you apply the discount.

Geez...
My favorites off the top of my head are a request for a quote on an oil change, and how long would it take us to do it, and when I told a guy we did not offer a clutch for his 07? Chevy Tracker "Well how about you transfer me over to someone who can find one!" I left his ass on hold till he hung up. Shops are priceless, one in particular will call us in a raging fury about why their oil that they ordered after the tech drained the oil out of the car hasn't shown up yet, only to have their employee tell them the oil showed up, was put in the car, and the customer has left already.
I have been known to be a dik.

Actually I don't get a discount on batteries myself. Clarios (formerly Johnson Controls Batteries) sets the prices.
That sucks, we get them for ~$100 when walk-in is $200 on standard 5-year batteries.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know you folks love to rag on engineers, but I'm gonna continue passing the buck off to the beancounters, and here's a prime example of why.

We only pick on engineers because they cow tow to bean counters and work around the penny pinching instead of refusing to compromise. We all know the bean counters are to blame, but the engineering excuse of, "just following orders" is what we pick on. Maybe you can be the change, we want to see in the world.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning / Evening All. Tamara got a call from her Step Brother yesterday, his mom had fallen was one the way to the hospital in an ambulance and he needed her to come pick up the dog. We had always promised her dad that when he was no longer able to look after Watson we would but after he passed Doreen demanded we bring him back.

Anyway, why did she fall? Starting drinking again, was black out drunk. I found 2 40’s of vodka and 2 bottles of wine in the recycling…

Oh well, for a day or two these guys are back together again…

IMG_0063.jpeg

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, happy Thursday, hope I got that right. Any of you guys that talk to @dall, ask him why he lives in Massachusetts. Lol
I don't compute as I sometimes live in a cave Larry. But you got a like anyway. LOL
Please expand your thoughts

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe the engineers could tell me where the internal hydraulic leak is occurring in this pos 9 speed.

20240626_141720.jpg20240626_143032.jpg20240626_143034.jpg

Shift it to reverse and it gives a big bang and shudders, and won't move.
Put it in drive and it moves in first until it tries the 1-2 shift and it ties up multiple clutches.
And I cannot find the problem.

#carscangofuckthemselves

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe the engineers could tell me where the internal hydraulic leak is occurring in this pos 9 speed.

View attachment 424064View attachment 424065View attachment 424066

Shift it to reverse and it gives a big bang and shudders, and won't move.
Put it in drive and it moves in first until it tries the 1-2 shift and it ties up multiple clutches.
And I cannot find the problem.

#carscangofuckthemselves
No automobile actually needs a 9 speed transmission. There's the real problem.