Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We did have a fire last night too. Planning another for tonight. I cringe thinking about buying firewood, but at least I didn’t pay for it..
Years ago we had our first motorhome up in Denali National Park and we ran out of firewood so we went to the park store and bought a couple of bundles

The bundles were all in these expandable mesh bags like a turkey comes in, clamped at the ends, and they were all the exact same split and count, with like 8 pieces kindling size, 4 pieces mid size and 1 full quarter

They had to have been pushed through a uniform splitting die

They were also a foot long instead of the normal 18"

The best part?

The wood came from Washington state, cause ya know, apparently there are no trees in Alaska

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning from the treeless barren wasteland that is Alaska, where it is currently 52 degrees and sunny, which we all know is the exact wrong weather for growing trees and plants and stuff, hence the ice covered landscape and my igloo

I will probably be eaten by a polar bear by the time you read this

Why on earth I ever bought chainsaws is a mystery; I guess for cutting holes in the frozen lakes to get water and stuffs

You guys can have my stuffs when I am gone

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She'll be back to kicking my azz with both legs in no time.
I made Glenda a 6" tall platform when she had her knee replacement. She used it to help get on and off the bed. Think of the points I scored.....

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lifted Squarebody Chevy. .040 over 350 with 041 heads.
Cool.
041s are a good flowing stock head. Getting harder to find them in good shape.
Having the bolt holes is a big plus cause finding the old school brackets is impossible/ expensive.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool.
041s are a good flowing stock head. Getting harder to find them in good shape.
Having the bolt holes is a big plus cause finding the old school brackets is impossible/ expensive.
This deal with the distributor is still messing with my mind. When Bubba first put the engine in, I set the distributor for him. 8° before TDC compression stroke on the balancer, rotor button aimed at the #1 plug wire on the cap. Wouldn't start. I had to walk the distributor back two teeth on the cam before it fired up. I didn't think to much about it at the time. But after fighting this thing for a few days trying to make it run right, I started thinking about that. Stuck another HEI in it, fired right up and ran great.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening bouys,

Apart from being busy, the dam internet has been on the wobbly side, one min it works then it don’t for ages. It’s cell phone Internet (5g), and I can drive 500yds up the road and it works. 🤔 I thought it was my phone for a while😡

Anyway, I best catch up ,just incase it wobbles and falls over again