High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Not So Pro 3

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Pay them an additional "tool allowance" to provide their own or would that bring its own worse problems?

If it was their first day I wouldn't have been as mean about it, I busted a rake over my knee this morning and kicked almost a 40 yard field goal with a garbage can, I think I almost made Dustin cry and the rest of the three stooges stood there like they were under arrest.

I said for the 100th fukking time..If something doesn't sound or seem right no matter what you're doing - STOP.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
12:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it was their first day I wouldn't have been as mean about it, I busted a rake over my knee this morning and kicked almost a 40 yard field goal with a garbage can, I think I almost made Dustin cry and the rest of the three stooges stood there like they were under arrest.

I said for the 100th fukking time..If something doesn't sound or seem right no matter what you're doing - STOP.
I was thinking that you “individualize” a saw for each guy. Give them each a saw according to their tasks (climber gets a 201, groundie a 261, etc) and tell them they are not allowed to share it. It’s theirs to use and take care of. If it gets wrecked, you know who to blame. Then sweeten the pot by telling them if they stick with you for 3 years (or 4,5 whatever) they can keep it as their own for good… Guy tend to take better care of the saws when they know they are responsible for them, and no one else.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Given that you've given some of them a second chance at life so to speak I'd be fuggen fuming that they don't show your gear a bit more respect tbh.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was thinking that you “individualize” a saw for each guy. Give them each a saw according to their tasks (climber gets a 201, groundie a 261, etc) and tell them they are not allowed to share it. It’s theirs to use and take care of. If it gets wrecked, you know who to blame. Then sweeten the pot by telling them if they stick with you for 3 years (or 4,5 whatever) they can keep it as their own for good… Guy tend to take better care of the saws when they know they are responsible for them, and no one else.

I'm almost done and I'm gonna go work somewhere where these things aren't my problem.

It's been a little over an hour since I flipped out and I still don't feel bad. I don't think I'm going to. I think I'm getting my period.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You're not alone with that crap.
Just yesterday the Lord of the wrench decided that the tools for removing and installing a balancer of a duramax were not up to his standards and was grinding on those muthas like the final dance at prom. I've used those tools multiple times with zero issues.
People put away shop equipment that's broke and don't tell anyone all the time.
Stuff breaks. It's inevitable. Nobody is getting fired or getting their birthday taken away because of it. Tell management to get it fixed so we can move the fùck on..

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Given that you've given some of them a second chance at life so to speak I'd be fuggen fuming that they don't show your gear a bit more respect tbh.

You get it.

I love giving people a chance to clean up their act, people gave me chances..I just had more respect for those chances.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Now I gotta buy another rake.

Stupid ass.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning folks. Hoping some folks days get a bit better than they seem to have started.
Seems like a good time for a campfire with acquaintances and your favorite rehydration beverages!

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You trying to unionize the tree crew??

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm almost done and I'm gonna go work somewhere where these things aren't my problem.

It's been a little over an hour since I flipped out and I still don't feel bad. I don't think I'm going to. I think I'm getting my period.
Downshift rocket man. Crew leading ain't easy. Dem guys see your breaking point it's only going to get tougher my man.

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're not alone with that crap.
Just yesterday the Lord of the wrench decided that the tools for removing and installing a balancer of a duramax were not up to his standards and was grinding on those muthas like the final dance at prom. I've used those tools multiple times with zero issues.
People put away shop equipment that's broke and don't tell anyone all the time.
Stuff breaks. It's inevitable. Nobody is getting fired or getting their birthday taken away because of it. Tell management to get it fixed so we can move the fùck on..
+100

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All me others were serious work trucks. Just wanna keep this one nice as ling as possible since its the most i ever spent on a vehicle

I don't blame you.

I want a nice ride like that too, I just have a hard time justifying what they cost now. I wasn't ever really in to having nice rides though, I liked spending my money on other stuff.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All me others were serious work trucks. Just wanna keep this one nice as long as possible since its the most i ever spent on a vehicle

I'm the same with my crew cab. It's old but but paid for. Don't put much more than the 5th wheel hitch in the box.
My plow truck? I'll drive that bish through the woods at 30mph and toss brake rotors at it.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You trying to unionize the tree crew??
No, but this system worked for a tree crew I was on for a while. The saws were taken care of because there was no one to blame but themselves if it wasn’t. Unlike crew saws that get passed around and shared, but none of the maintenance gets performed and no one owns up when something breaks. It’s simple, and works.