Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are still having thunderstorms, don't want to play in those.
Near the intersection of 127 and 62 in Clarkrange, the road was washed out last night. I'm hearing that it's been repaired now and traffic is able to get through. We had a hell of a lot of rain.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. I had him to gravity bleed it. Made sure the proportioning valve wasn't tripped, opened the bleeders on the rear, and walked away. It took a few hours, but sure enough it started dripping fluid. After that it had pressure and was able to be bled.
On older brake systems i have seen the flexable hose going to the rearend delaminate inside. When brakes are applied the liner inside collapses stopping fluid flow. If you pressed brakes slowly fluid would sometimes flow. Press them quick/normally and no flow.

Cars have more parts than chainsaws that cause even more problems.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On older brake systems i have seen the flexable hose going to the rearend delaminate inside. When brakes are applied the liner inside collapses stopping fluid flow. If you pressed brakes slowly fluid would sometimes flow. Press them quick/normally and no flow.

Cars have more parts than chainsaws that cause even more problems.
All lines are new. As is the master cylinder, proportioning valve, wheel cylinders, etc.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All lines are new. As is the master cylinder, proportioning valve, wheel cylinders, etc.
Got an old Stihl on a chain you can toss out the window fer emergencies and such like @dall ? Always ready for anything that guy.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know how grimlins work, the smarter the mechanic the more complicated and hidden the problem is.

Threaten it with bodily harm
or as a last resort blame the mechanic.

If it has one or more moving parts it's gonna cause headaches.