Not So Pro 3

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 1995 has abs, the 1981 F150 doesn't. I never said I didn't have that stuff, just that I don't like it. Ever driven on ice with abs? May as well not have brakes.
All the time, live in northern mn and yes some of the abs systems like the mid 90’s weren’t much good at anything else other then keeping you from skidding your tires in a hard stop on tar but they’ve come along way since then. Also I’ve noticed that down south most people run a summer tire vs all season which makes a huge difference on ice and snow. My cousin lives Kansas currently and their life stops for the day on the rare cases of snow on roads with a little ice ect. 2” of snow messes them all up since they aren’t used to it and have summer tires on.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All the time, live in northern mn and yes some of the abs systems like the mid 90’s weren’t much good at anything else other then keeping you from skidding your tires in a hard stop on tar but they’ve come along way since then. Also I’ve noticed that down south most people run a summer tire vs all season which makes a huge difference on ice and snow. My cousin lives Kansas currently and their life stops for the day on the rare cases of snow on roads with a little ice ect. 2” of snow messes them all up since they aren’t used to it and have summer tires on.
I lived in the northeast for the first 51 years, also did some high performance driving instruction with Audi and Bmw clubs. We even put on winter driving schools. I am well versed in winter driving, also, all season tire suck at everything. Always had a set of winter tires for anything that drove in snow. Bosch abs has always been the least intrusive abs, you could threshold brake without engaging it.

Stability control is a sore spot for me, I understand why it exists, but it interferes with driver control, and none of them can be turned off, and have it stay off. My wife's Honda traction control, but I don't track it, so it doesn't bother me. Lol

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lived in the northeast for the first 51 years, also did some high performance driving instruction with Audi and Bmw clubs. We even put on winter driving schools. I am well versed in winter driving, also, all season tire suck at everything. Always had a set of winter tires for anything that drove in snow. Bosch abs has always been the least intrusive abs, you could threshold brake without engaging it.

Stability control is a sore spot for me, I understand why it exists, but it interferes with driver control, and none of them can be turned off, and have it stay off. My wife's Honda traction control, but I don't track it, so it doesn't bother me. Lol
My cousin has spare rims and winter tires, he always buys nokian hockipilitas may have butchered the spelling. I have no high performance vehicle so all season seem fine. Not tracking my wife’s 22 explorer wirh the skid plates or my truck. If i buy a mustang later it will have good tires because it will only be driven in summer. Down south on a non performance vehicle i believe a lot of the general public would be better off with at tires because they still are better on snow and ice than summer tires and on dry roads they won’t probably notice the reduced handling on their Prius or camery.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At least it’s just pins and bushings, for awhile gm was gluing the door hinges on and they were falling off in hot weather. Imagine the look on the owners face when they opened the door and it fell off
Man I’m old, I read that and immediately think of Smokey and The Bandit, the Sheriff’s white Caddy rolling down the freeway sans doors…

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard to find somewhere that doesn't look like that. We have 6" on the ground and still coming down. Barely made it up the driveway. Had to go rescue a coworker that couldn't make it up a hill on his way home. Front drive is "not" good in the snow like some claim. Got his van safely parked, and drove him home. Got home about 3pm and been cleaning up ever since. Got to bring the goats more hay. Chickens won't leave their coop, and the guineas are staying put for once. Lol. Feels pretty nice out for 28 degrees, American!

Deux eggsplain🤣

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little hint neither do trucks, you’ll realize this after you look at you 900$ 3/4 ton. First thing being mn and Wisconsin use so much salt you need to look at the frame. If it’s a Chevy 2500 the frames like to gather salt and crack between cab and box.
Already looked at the frame, it is ok-good. My dad has a 2004 Chevy Colorado, that frame has lots of cracks and holes, he’s still driving it. Last summer I looked at a 90’s GMC half ton for sale, and I was able to stick my hand through the frame with room to spare, not kidding.
I don't spend much time towing, and I can see that usefulness. However, many can't function without it, which is disturbing. I glance at the one in my work van, and there are times when it is a blurred mess in inclement weather, rendering it useless. People should know how to use mirrors. I will be fine without backup cameras, and and stability and traction control.
My other grandma has a backup camera on her Chevy Equinox, yet still backed into my uncles new RAM 1500
Looking great!
I have eczema and it gets really bad sometimes.
I also have eczema.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Already looked at the frame, it is ok-good. My dad has a 2004 Chevy Colorado, that frame has lots of cracks and holes, he’s still driving it. Last summer I looked at a 90’s GMC half ton for sale, and I was able to stick my hand through the frame with room to spare, not kidding.

My other grandma has a backup camera on her Chevy Equinox, yet still backed into my uncles new RAM 1500

Looking great!

I also have eczema.
Is the 2014 Colorado what he towed 14k with 20 years ago?