Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't hide money. Lol. How's the wife doing Michael?
Not my money, that's for damn sure

We were actually in the Emergency Room again from midnight to about 4:00 AM

She is still choking on her medicines and getting them lodged in her throat and this time it scared her bad and she probably had an extreme anxiety attack

They did everything up to a CT scan and found nothing wrong except the severe irritation in her throat

She needs to sit down and rest and rest her voice and getting her to do that has proven difficult

The actual surgery is healing very well, it's all this ancillary nonsense that's dogging her

Thanks for asking Larry

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you post pics somewhere that I missed? I saw one on the commute last week and thought it was a slick looking ride. I plan to keep the Exploder a couple more years but definitely going to take a look at the new Land Cruiser when it’s time.
I just posted 1 pic parked in the garage after the salesman drove it out to the house

IMG_4580.jpeg

I was actually trying to find the Lexus LX Landcruiser based rig but they haven't had one up here at the lone dealer in a long time and none are on the horizon

They had a couple of the GX models but the TX has true 3 row seating for 6 adults and still has room behind the last row for suitcases

My real off road days are long behind me and I am keeping the 4Runner anyway so the Hybrid AWD, 6 adult seating, and the plush ass ride of the TX really swayed me

Plus it's like the big brother to my other ride that is also an F Sport series

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just posted 1 pic parked in the garage after the salesman drove it out to the house

View attachment 408933

I was actually trying to find the Lexus LX Landcruiser based rig but they haven't had one up here at the lone dealer in a long time and none are on the horizon

They had a couple of the GX models but the TX has true 3 row seating for 6 adults and still has room behind the last row for suitcases

My real off road days are long behind me and I am keeping the 4Runner anyway so the Hybrid AWD, 6 adult seating, and the plush ass ride of the TX really swayed me

Needs swamp donkeys and stacks.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was younger they used to have a huge Goat roast every year up in the Ozarks.
Live music, bonfire, lotso beer & smoked/grilled Goat steaks.
The steaks are WAY BETTER than most people can imagine!
It's really good when cooked right.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

She is still choking on her medicines and getting them lodged in her throat and this time it scared her bad and she probably had an extreme anxiety attack

They did everything up to a CT scan and found nothing wrong except the severe irritation in her throat

She needs to sit down and rest and rest her voice and getting her to do that has proven difficult

The actual surgery is healing very well, it's all this ancillary nonsense that's dogging her

Thanks for asking Larry
I hope she improves quickly, anxiety can be a hell of a thing.

View attachment 408933

Not a colour I would choose but all the reasons you picked it make sense to me, pretty much a Grand Highlander in full pimped out livery?

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was younger they used to have a huge Goat roast every year up in the Ozarks.
Live music, bonfire, lotso beer & smoked/grilled Goat steaks.
The steaks are WAY BETTER than most people can imagine!
It's really good when cooked right.
In west Texas we just wrapped them in a ton of foil and chucked them in the coals and had cabrito

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope she improves quickly, anxiety can be a hell of a thing.

Not a colour I would choose but all the reasons you picked it make sense to me, pretty much a Grand Highlander in full pimped out livery?
Yup to the Grand Highlander, they managed to squeeze out a few more HP, at least on paper and it is a bit heavier, probably due to the increased sound deadening

I drove both and there was a noticeable difference

As to the color?

I don't know about Canada but the color selections for both Lexus and Toyotas for 2024 are pretty damn sparse to begin with and this Celestial Silver and a Pearl White are the only colors they have been able to get the TX in

I won't own a white or black car and the lone blue offering was too much like the other car for my wife and they said minimum 6 months to get the darker charcoal/gray

Right now you can't actually "order" a Toyota product

You give them a wish list with a couple of alternate choices for color, etc and they send out an inquiry to see who has what or what is on the production schedule and try to get you what you want or something close and that process is taking 6 months on average

It is definitely a sellers market right now

My daughter and her husband had an open ended $1,000 deposit with the dealer to get ANY available Rav4 and waited months until their name came up and they took what was offered

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks for asking Larry
Maybe you can mash up her pills into applesauce or something. Make the pill swallowing easier.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe you can mash up her pills into applesauce or something. Make the pill swallowing easier.
She is actually using those little squeeze pouches of applesauce to chase the pills

She won't crush up any of her coated meds because they are timed release

She is taking the pills with ice water and I think that's a big mistake, I keep telling her to drink warm tea with honey but she insists she can't drink enough warm anything to flush it all down

She will let a cup of coffee or tea sit for hours until there are little ice bergs and penguins in it before she drinks it

Grosses me out

The whole issue is they went in from the front to do the surgery and there is always some trauma to the esophagus and it is just taking her extra long to get over that