Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, It don't hurt to try LOL.
How you been Mountanieer?
Been working down at Sammus Power plant. It's coming down Dallas. Haven't seen you initials welded into cooling tubes yet LOL
i googled it and that is the one we called stratton because of the name of the town it was in
kinda normal for either county or town named power plant

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's cool

Those guys are fukkin nuts

My older son had a really souped up 500 RMK back in the day and I got on that ONCE and grabbed the throttle and was doing 80 before I knew it

Human beings aren't meant to travel that fast over uneven terrain, especially when they have a herniated lumbar disc that's never been fixed

I was actually considering trying the "sportsman's class" or whatever they called it like 25 years ago

Just putting around the course and camping and no time constraints, at least that's what my addled old brain remembers

I couldn't find a partner that had the time and inclination to do it
Now they call it Expedition Class and it still requires 2 to enter as a team. It would be fun for sure.
I had a Yamaha SRX 700 that would do 96mph bone stock. After i put some money into it i hit 125mph going across a lake. It was insane and a rush all at the same time.
I worked at a Yamaha Dealer for several years, starting in high school - those triple/triple SRX 700’s were wicked! I still wouldn’t mind owning a 2000-2002 just for embarrassing other sleds on a lake.
Glad to see they're not on a Cat.

I can only imagine the hassle of coordinating, and having the fire dept follow your team for the entire race....

View attachment 408406
Haha! They actually used to race Polaris’ until Ski-Doo approached them. They’ve been factory Ski-Doo cross country racers for almost 10 years now.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haha! They actually used to race Polaris’ until Ski-Doo approached them. They’ve been factory Ski-Doo cross country racers for almost 10 years now.

I dislike Cat almost as much as Dall dislikes Hooskies & Fords.

Several of my friends had cats back in the 90's, I saw a few start on fire.

Trevor our club president, had a brand new T-cat, first weekend out, less then 200 miles on the sled, burst into flames, they blamed it on a leaky carb or hose. He bought it back from insurance company, he rebuilt it, 500 miles later up in flames, Trev said fugg it, let it burn, we just stood there and watched it burn.

Gary a guy I worked with, had a brand new ZRT 800, go up in flames less then 600 miles on it. We were out riding the rock river, I turned around no Gary, so I doubled back, there he was throwing snow on his new sled trying to put the fire out. His wife Trisha had a ZR 580 catch fire.

I've had probably 30 or 35 Polaris & Ski doo's. Only one I ever had a problem with was a new XCR 600, it snapped the crankshaft in two, Polaris put a brand new engine in it under warranty. I'd ride a dog sled before I ever owned a Cat.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up with a zgrills, I am sure that one is good too. I set the temp and forget it. Mine doesn't talk to a phone or anything like that. But the temp stays right where I set it. Most of them hold 20 lbs of pellets, which will allow it to run all night easily.

I've heard goat can be, tender if not over cooked.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now they call it Expedition Class and it still requires 2 to enter as a team. It would be fun for sure.

I worked at a Yamaha Dealer for several years, starting in high school - those triple/triple SRX 700’s were wicked! I still wouldn’t mind owning a 2000-2002 just for embarrassing other sleds on a lake.

Yeah its one of the things i wish i still had. I put a ton of miles on that thing when we lived in the Soo. We’d cross the St. Mary’s River into Canada for the weekend and hit the trails over there and ride hundreds of miles before heading back.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Them things are a PITA. I fixed the pen dozens of times at my neighbours (Jake's) place, when he had goats. They even kicked the boards off his barn, from the inside out, and they all got out. He finally got rid of them all.

My other neighbour Gordon, shot a few of Jake's goats.

They kept getting out, going in his wheat field and fugging up his crops. Gordon finally had enough, he shot the loose goats, left them for coyotes snacks.

Jake is such a dumb ass I don't think he ever figured out he was missing a few.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working with a guy at the factory i hadn't worked with before
we were on a 12ft high platform
He's talking about some gerard butler?
Movie one minute then
Bam like a light switch he starts throwing tools and *s-word and screaming
I was like WTF and kinda stunned for a second.
He rips his hoodie off and threw it down
i thought he was going to come at me
This guy's tall midget size
Like 5'3 so i was just going to toss him off the platform
But he just stands there screaming
I said you're picking all this *s-word up
I'm going home
My shift was over.
The others told me he's bi polar or schizophrenic
I don't give a *s-word I'm not working with him again.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Trevor our club president, had a brand new T-cat, first weekend out, less then 200 miles on the sled, burst into flames, they blamed it on a leaky carb or hose. He bought it back from insurance company, he rebuilt it, 500 miles later up in flames, Trev said fugg it, let it burn, we just stood there and watched it burn.

Gary a guy I worked with, had a brand new ZRT 800, go up in flames less then 600 miles on it. We were out riding the rock river, I turned around no Gary, so I doubled back, there he was throwing snow on his new sled trying to put the fire out. His wife Trisha had a ZR 580 catch fire.

I've had probably 30 or 35 Polaris & Ski doo's. Only one I ever had a problem with was a new XCR 600, it snapped the crankshaft in two, Polaris put a brand new engine in it under warranty. I'd ride a dog sled before I ever owned a Cat.
XCR, that's what my son had that scared the crap out of me, not an RMK

In the bush Polaris was always #1 by a wide margin with Ski-Doo second and Yammy and Arctic Burst way way back

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Never heard of fires on the cats and I’ve owned them since I could buy my own sled. I remember my first sled dad bought me. Old
Skidoo and wiring fire one night but didn’t burn up the whole sled. They all have issues just like women.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Them things are a PITA. I fixed the pen dozens of times at my neighbours place, when he had goats. They even kicked the boards off his barn, from the inside out, and they all got out. He finally got rid of them all.
Mine have never gotten out, they have what they need where they have access. If they didn't, they would escape. If the don't have what they want, but they see it on the other side of a fence, they are going out, you can't stop them.