3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sharpen it.
I used to be a fair hand at freehand drill bit sharpening and I recently thought I had lost my chops but instead, I think the problem is in the quality of the bits themselves

It seems like they are sharpened and then hardened and the hardening goes down about a quarter of the diameter of a human hair (an American human hair, not a commie metric human hair) and once you sharpen it and go through that minuscule layer of hardening the rest is recycled Bud Light cans

I have 50 year old bits that are way stouter than almost anything you can buy today

In this case I don't think they make them like they used to

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to be a fair hand at freehand drill bit sharpening and I recently thought I had lost my chops but instead, I think the problem is in the quality of the bits themselves

It seems like they are sharpened and then hardened and the hardening goes down about a quarter of the diameter of a human hair (an American human hair, not a commie metric human hair) and once you sharpen it and go through that minuscule layer of hardening the rest is recycled Bud Light cans

I have 50 year old bits that are way stouter than almost anything you can buy today

In this case I don't think they make them like they used to
You’re probably right about that. Hand sharpening drill bits is a skill I’m glad I learned as a young adult.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok kids, I've got an idea.
The neighbor to my north passed away.
I have a feeling the 4 kids will be wanting to chunk up the land and sell it.

We should all pitch in and buy it. Turn it into a theme park called not so pro land.
Petting zoo, slacking area, pig rental shed for Dallas. Randy can bale hay. And I won't end up with 8+ new neighbors.
There goes my new truck and tractor lol
Part of my remember regimen, repeat the ones I do remember, add too them as I can. Very difficult for me. I am trying.
How often do you have nightmares and scream my name?
No worries, I struggle with names as well without repetition or something specific that helps me remember them by. Now add in online names/persona and then actual names, on top of all the other names I need to remember, and it gets to be a lot. So I understand.
So what’s my persona ?
Need not remember names, just a bunch of “old farts”. Is this the bingo lounge ??
You *b-wordes will never be able to forget me
Get off my land!!! We aren’t communist yet! Is what I always say
Close enough
My name is easy to remember.
I had it legally changed last year to Mr. Dixie Normous.
You forgot the last part

In your mouth
I don't give a *f-word about dall. Randy seems like pulling a tooth is the end of the world.
He thinks he’s one of those influencers on onlyfans lol

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you pud pounders were to buy a chain grinder that's does a decent job but won't cost a *f-wordton of greenbacks, what would you buy?

I've got a bunch of jacked up chains and some I were able to file back into shape. 1 just ground one on my pos grinder and the cutters are visibly different length now and the bish just spits powder... I kinda want to blow the fuggin thing up. I've been getting my aśs handed to me with chain sharpening lately.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you pud pounders were to buy a chain grinder that's does a decent job but won't cost a *f-wordton of greenbacks, what would you buy?

I've got a bunch of jacked up chains and some I were able to file back into shape. 1 just ground one on my pos grinder and the cutters are visibly different length now and the bish just spits powder... I kinda want to blow the fuggin thing up. I've been getting my aśs handed to me with chain sharpening lately.
TECOMEC jolly star

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

what do you have now

pictures dammit

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If it’s just spitting powder while cutting after a fresh sharpening, chances are your depth gauges, or rakers as they are also known, are too tall, and the cutting teeth aren’t actually engaging the wood. Take 2-3 strokes off each raker with a flat file/mill bastard and test.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They look the same but they’re most definitely not.

You could try better wheels?? Not sure what you have now but the cheap wheels suck balls.
The cheap ball sucking ones.
what do you have now

pictures dammit
It's a piece of shìt one. You'll just have to wait until morning for pictures
If it’s just spitting powder while cutting after a fresh sharpening, chances are your depth gauges, or rakers as they are also known, are too tall, and the cutting teeth aren’t actually engaging the wood. Take 2-3 strokes off each raker with a flat file/mill bastard and test.
They are already well under my .025 guage.
I'd venture they are probably. 035

My biggest complaint I guess is the head has a bit of slop and the backstop for the cutter is the flimsiest fuggin thing I've ever seen. I swear a damn ant could bent the sumbitch in half with minimal effort.