Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's good about it?
I woke up.
How are the cows doing with the cold?

We are having flood warnings for the area rivers here.
So far, so good. We rounded up the two that were due to calve yesterday, got them in the barn with a pile of hay and heated water.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3° here right now & 4" snow.
I'd like to bust Mother Nature in the LIP!
Lmao it’s 19 here now
Great read if you have never read it. It never gets old, if you have.

It is the text to MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech.

How’s you Thomas
How's the weather there Mark?
Saw that Grove was -11° this morning on the news.
Crazy!
His name is Thomas

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I woke up.

So far, so good. We rounded up the two that were due to calve yesterday, got them in the barn with a pile of hay and heated water.
Good.
I can remember helping my uncle tryin to get mama and calf out of the branch and back up near the shelter.
Sometimes mama was very protective and uncooperative.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just given a repair order for our sales managers half ton diesel truck.
He filled the fuel with exhaust fluid and drove it until it didn't drive anymore.
Last one I did came to just over $17,000.
I have heard this is worse than putting gas in a diesel. I’m sure you will get screwed being it’s a sales manager

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just given a repair order for our sales managers half ton diesel truck.
He filled the fuel with exhaust fluid and drove it until it didn't drive anymore.
Last one I did came to just over $17,000.
Sounds like a fun time
Maybe they will give you a reach around to help offset the loss

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have heard this is worse than putting gas in a diesel. I’m sure you will get screwed being it’s a sales manager

Sounds like a fun time
Maybe they will give you a reach around to help offset the loss

Negative.
It will pay me 40 hours, just like the last one.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good.
I can remember helping my uncle tryin to get mama and calf out of the branch and back up near the shelter.
Sometimes mama was very protective and uncooperative.
I sold a Jersey cow that refused to let me get her calf away from the creek. The calf ended up dead, and the cow gone.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold a Jersey cow that refused to let me get her calf away from the creek. The calf ended up dead, and the cow gone.
Some cows just ain't right.
My uncle bought 5 one time that were spooky. You could lean on a fencepost at one end of the 40 acre pasture and the cows would try to tear down the fence at the other end.
It took hours to round them up to sell them.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some cows just ain't right.
My uncle bought 5 one time that were spooky. You could lean on a fencepost at one end of the 40 acre pasture and the cows would try to tear down the fence at the other end.
It took hours to round them up to sell them.
Yesterday we had a couple of cows to get out. They got the side door on the old chicken house open somehow, started eating hay through it, and decided to climb over the bales and out the front of the barn. We led those back in with a bucket of feed....no problem. Then I go the the back field to feed those cows, and I see a black white face calf standing in the woods outside the fence. Looked like a steer I had in the other field, so I thought maybe it was an escapee that traveled through the chicken house. I spent an hour in the woods looking for it, only to have it jump the fence to get in with the cows while I was looking for it. Turned out to be a heifer, and not one of mine. Super nervous, and not wanting to go in the pen to be fed. I called my neighbor, and she is one of his. She got out several miles away, on the east side of the river. I'm hoping that I can get her penned up for him in the next few days.

Fughin cattle.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday we had a couple of cows to get out. They got the side door on the old chicken house open somehow, started eating hay through it, and decided to climb over the bales and out the front of the barn. We led those back in with a bucket of feed....no problem. Then I go the the back field to feed those cows, and I see a black white face calf standing in the woods outside the fence. Looked like a steer I had in the other field, so I thought maybe it was an escapee that traveled through the chicken house. I spent an hour in the woods looking for it, only to have it jump the fence to get in with the cows while I was looking for it. Turned out to be a heifer, and not one of mine. Super nervous, and not wanting to go in the pen to be fed. I called my neighbor, and she is one of his. She got out several miles away, on the east side of the river. I'm hoping that I can get her penned up for him in the next few days.

Fughin cattle.
Pigs are smarter, just sayin.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning bishes, timewise for a couple more . . . -4f at an almost noon hour and we are staying on the ice making side of zero for about the next 24 hours, or so the guessers are sayin. Oh an d no snow at the homestead.