Country flag

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@maulhead was there any red flags when you met Marvin Heemeyer, or was he a pretty decent guy?

He seemed normal, or decent to me. Not a raving or ranting lunatic.

I never saw his dozer project, but heard a few other people did see it before hand, or when he was working on it, and they asked him what he was doing, he just brushed it off, that it was a project he was working on. No one seemed to suspected anything.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He seemed normal, or decent to me. Not a raving or ranting lunatic.

I never saw his dozer project, but heard a few other people did see it before hand, or when he was working on it, and they asked him what he was doing, he just brushed it off, that it was a project he was working on. No one seemed to suspected anything.
Gotcha. Of course now that he’s dead we only really hear the other side of the story (aside from his personal memos) but there’s always 2 ends of the pipe to look through, if ya know what I mean. The whole story intrigues me and I’ve read about it a lot on the last several years.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha. Of course now that he’s dead we only really hear the other side of the story (aside from his personal memos) but there’s always 2 ends of the pipe to look through, if ya know what I mean. The whole story intrigues me and I’ve read about it a lot on the last several years.

I know what you mean. I'm not great at reading people, other then how they treat me when we interact. Unless you're going off on me about something, I'm probably going to miss some clue or flag.

I knew another guy, that killed his wife. He premeditated the whole thing (they said) staged her murder like a botched burglary gone wrong. I never would of guessed it to be true, coming from him, until the truth came out. I was pretty floored.

Never know about people and what they are thinking or thinking about doing. People are odd.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today took a turn - found that the radiator was bad in the skidder. I was going to start a new job with it tomorrow, but now that ain’t happening. Spent 3 hours removing it. Found out that the replacements are NLA and when they were, they were $2,500… Got in touch with a radiator shop and they think they MIGHT be able to fix it. Otherwise they can custom order a new core (6” deep) and rebuild it for $1,750…

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can't prove that.
Explain the drainage then
Today took a turn - found that the radiator was bad in the skidder. I was going to start a new job with it tomorrow, but now that ain’t happening. Spent 3 hours removing it. Found out that the replacements are NLA and when they were, they were $2,500… Got in touch with a radiator shop and they think they MIGHT be able to fix it. Otherwise they can custom order a new core (6” deep) and rebuild it for $1,750…
Ouch