Not So Pro 3

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't the Hungry Marine @USMC615 getting his neck/shoulder/back welded up or something?
Hopefully he went up to the ATL for it, the Lougle says they have a world class surgical team specializing in repair of R.S.I. injuries accrued from years of glory hole service.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How’s your mom doing?
Thanks for asking. Her hand is healing up, I have to take her tomorrow morning for a follow up for the second surgery on it. We went to the orthopedic doctor last week after getting a proper MRI, and her rotator cuff has two tears but it's not a complete tear, so they want to try physical therapy before surgery. I'm taking her to PT later today. She's still in a lot of pain and very limited in what she can do, but hopefully it's just healing from here on.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for asking. Her hand is healing up, I have to take her tomorrow morning for a follow up for the second surgery on it. We went to the orthopedic doctor last week after getting a proper MRI, and her rotator cuff has two tears but it's not a complete tear, so they want to try physical therapy before surgery. I'm taking her to PT later today. She's still in a lot of pain and very limited in what she can do, but hopefully it's just healing from here on.

Do everything you can to make her realize the discomfort (pain) of PT is still miles better than having the surgery AND the PT afterwards anyway

My ortho doctor was amazed that I got back 95% range of motion because most people either don't take PT seriously and don't do their exercises or simply don't go because it hurts

He said in a lot of cases people with partial tears can be "fixed" by PT but they just won't do it and end up having surgery, but then they don't do the PT anyway

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do everything you can to make her realize the discomfort (pain) of PT is still miles better than having the surgery AND the PT afterwards anyway

My ortho doctor was amazed that I got back 95% range of motion because most people either don't take PT seriously and don't do their exercises or simply don't go because it hurts

He said in a lot of cases people with partial tears can be "fixed" by PT but they just won't do it and end up having surgery, but then they don't do the PT anyway
Mom was a PTA and then an OT for the VA, so these truths were constantly pounded into my brain growing up.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mom was a PTA and then an OT for the VA, so these truths were constantly pounded into my brain growing up.
A lot of this is because of the "you have to fix me" mentality where the patient expects to be magically and instantly cured/fixed by the medical staff with no effort on the patient's part

Not any different than parents saying "you have to educate my child" as if the child has a flip top head and the learning just has to get poured in with no effort on the student's and parent's part

All part and parcel of our pampered, entitled society

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much did you put in there
It will hold at least a 5 gallon bucket full.
They just brought me this key for the Caterpillar all terrain forklift at the school. Does this really start any cat equipment? If so I'm on the lookout for a D-11.
Yep. That fits most Cat equipment.