Not So Pro 3

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been to Chicago 5 times in the last twenty years and I have loved it each time. Downtown had gotten a lot better and when I was there in 2018 didn’t feel the least bit unsafe walking through downtown at 2am. Homeless guy started walking with me and chatting and he didn’t get more than half a block before some cops rolled up and asked how I was doing. Next corner the guy high tailed it the other direction.

I do missing not being able to have deep dish pizza (unless someone has since come up with a GF version but o doubt it).

If you are ever there and have the opportunity the sunset cruise on the river, finishing on the lake is incredible.

I will have to find those pictures sometime, pre iPhone days for me so not on the cloud anywhere, maybe Facebook.

Apparently I only have 2 pictures saved from that trip. One incredible skyline and one hot piano player..IMG_0083.JPEG

IMG_0078.JPEG

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice day temps, 61°F/ 16°C. Might be last day for trim painting till spring. Doing window and door trim at our house and going to daughter's and do some shed base trim painting.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 396006Yea looks like a bomb went off here

We drove through the Swan Lake fire a few weeks ago and it’s been 4 years since it burned and it’s still not developed any undergrowth or secondary growth

It burned from early June of 2019 into the fall and it looks like it happened last week

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
6:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We drove through the Swan Lake fire a few weeks ago and it’s been 4 years since it burned and it’s still not developed any undergrowth or secondary growth

It burned from early June of 2019 into the fall and it looks like it happened last week
That is not the case here the vegetation has taken off. I haven’t driven my atv road for awhile but I just walked it and could hardly stay on path as new huckleberry bushes and what not coming up. Some big tooth aspen sprouts are already 6 foot tall

I’m gonna encourage the aspen in certain areas as good firebreak they would be, softwoods is what goes up in a blaze

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is not the case here the vegetation has taken off. I haven’t driven my atv road for awhile but I just walked it and could hardly stay on path as new huckleberry bushes and what not coming up. Some big tooth aspen sprouts are already 6 foot tall

I went and looked for some recent pictures and there are some shots with some low greenery in a few areas but normally the black poplars would have taken off like your aspens did and we just aren’t seeing that

No willows either and they usually colonize burns quickly as well