Not So Pro 3

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been to Chicago 5 times in the last twenty years and I have loved it each time. Downtown had gotten a lot better and when I was there in 2018 didn’t feel the least bit unsafe walking through downtown at 2am. Homeless guy started walking with me and chatting and he didn’t get more than half a block before some cops rolled up and asked how I was doing. Next corner the guy high tailed it the other direction.

I do missing not being able to have deep dish pizza (unless someone has since come up with a GF version but o doubt it).

If you are ever there and have the opportunity the sunset cruise on the river, finishing on the lake is incredible.

I will have to find those pictures sometime, pre iPhone days for me so not on the cloud anywhere, maybe Facebook.

This was 94 and at that point it was simply too much for me

Granted I didn't stop and walk around and take in the sights and food because I am well aware there is a lot going on there

Just way too many people in too little space for my tastes

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As a Commiefornia native, I can say I've had zero run-ins with the various LEO branches so far. Meth heads, tweakers, fuggin homeless drug-addict shoplifting bums and the likes are fairly common, though. So far knowing the right people, "good fences make good neighbors", and leaving nothing in my truck has kept me from having any run-ins with those fughers for now.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As a Commiefornia native, I can say I've had zero run-ins with the various LEO branches so far. Meth heads, tweakers, fuggin homeless drug-addict shoplifting bums and the likes are fairly common, though. So far knowing the right people, "good fences make good neighbors", and leaving nothing in my truck has kept me from having any run-ins with those fughers for now.
Cept that time you left money and a firearm in a running truck while you went shopping you mean ay?

😅

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was 94 and at that point it was simply too much for me

Granted I didn't stop and walk around and take in the sights and food because I am well aware there is a lot going on there

Just way too many people in too little space for my tastes

You should've looked me up, I would of showed you around. I was probably in Chicago 30 times or more in 1994.

My girlfriend lived near Chicago, I'd get off work on Friday leave WI, head to IL to pick her up, and most times we went to my sisters in Chicago for the weekend. I never had any issues in Chicago all the times I went there. Got engaged there April of 1994 by the lake front.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cept that time you left money and a firearm in a running truck while you went shopping you mean ay?

😅
I'm not that stupid, that happened to a dude who was shopping at the parts store I work at. My involvement was loaning the vic my phone, checking footage, and hunting for the vic's cellphone that the perp hucked out of the truck window 1/8 mile away.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only time I've left a running vehicle was when a capable passenger was sitting in it and I haven't left my truck unlocked in town in years. As for a firearm, if it leaves the property it stays on my person. I also don't have an extra 1k to keep in my truck, a need to keep 1k in my truck, and I'd actually hide it if I did have that much in my truck.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not that stupid, that happened to a dude who was shopping at the parts store I work at. My involvement was loaning the vic my phone, checking footage, and hunting for the vic's cellphone that the perp hucked out of the truck window 1/8 mile away.

The only time I've left a running vehicle was when a capable passenger was sitting in it and I haven't left my truck unlocked in town in years. As for a firearm, if it leaves the property it stays on my person. I also don't have an extra 1k to keep in my truck, a need to keep 1k in my truck, and I'd actually hide it if I did have that much in my truck.
I didn't read it like that. Good to hear.

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just dont get why we still gotta roll back the damm clocks, or move forward either. Time is time. None of us ever has enough of it to begin with, so why complicate things. Sheesh, people and their need to manipulate stuffs...
Monday, monday so good to me. Getting the OT all day. Had a blast running the 660 all weekend. Thanks again to @huskihl for the woods porting. She is a bonafide murder saw now. Hardwoods beware. Took down a stand of mixed oak around 20- 34 dbh. Bucked and brushed out. Whatta workout! Be happy you all, years' allmost finished.

Last edited:

Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of the NSPs or friends of NSPs in Portland Oregon?
Have a Kiwi mate taking his son there from here for brain surgery.
Like to think I'd know someone close to reach out to if they need some help during the 3 week planned visit.
Hope your friend's son gets well, and his surgery goes well. But this is my argument against universal health care. While our system is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, it seems when the real need arises, everyone that can, comes here. I am not picking on anyone, just pointing it out.

Good morning men, hope all have a warm day, just like us. No hunting this past weekend, too fuggin hot.
California plates help too. LEO's love out of staters!

Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just dont get why we still gotta roll back the damm clocks, or move forward either. Time is time. None of us ever has enough of it to begin with, so why complicate things. Sheesh, people and their need to manipulate suffs...
Monday, monday so good to me. Getting the OT all day. Had a blast running the 660 all weekend. Thanks again to @huskihl for the woods porting. She is a bonafide murder saw now. Hardwoods beware. Took down a stand of mixed oak around 20- 34 dbh. Bucked and brushed out. Whatta workout! Be happy you all, years' allmost finished.
Who cares when the year ends, they just go and start a new one anyway. We will never get any rest! Lol

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of the NSPs or friends of NSPs in Portland Oregon?
Have a Kiwi mate taking his son there from here for brain surgery.
Like to think I'd know someone close to reach out to if they need some help during the 3 week planned visit.
I have a brother who lives just across the state line close to Portland. He works in the city. I will reach out to him and see if he can be available.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Evening All. 1c/34f to start the day and should hover right around there. Yesterday’s morning snow turned to rain and the ground it pretty crunchy out right now. Sure hope there is some traffic on the highway, wet is 1000% better than icy.