Not So Pro 3

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Up here the frames rust out if you look at them funny and Toyota knows it.

They all had frame rust issues, but only certain ones got recalled. The first gen Tacomas were/are notorious for it. T100s as well. First gen Tundras got free frame replacements, 05-10 Tacomas were the most famous ones, and they are now replacing frames on 11-17 Tacomas as well. Not a recall yet, it's a voluntary service bulletin.
Have an 06 Silverado that I bought new. Brake lines rotted out. Rear bumper rotted out, replaced with aftermarket. No body rust but underside is terrible. Recently rear shock mount crossmembers is the latest to rot out. 2" rigid conduit in them to reinforce the rusting tubes. Any pounding when working underneath dislodges large rust chunks that litter on the floor.

Last edited:

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
3:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bring it up here for 1 winter of driving 🤣
Can’t be any worse than ns

They all had frame rust issues, but only certain ones got recalled. The first gen Tacomas were/are notorious for it. T100s as well. First gen Tundras got free frame replacements, 05-10 Tacomas were the most famous ones, and they are now replacing frames on 11-17 Tacomas as well. Not a recall yet, it's a voluntary service bulletin.
Oh ya? But I got Scotty Kilmer on my side celeb mechanic says they are the best lol

Normal to see those frames stacked up behind dealerships
I like the tundras too but after 2020 no more v8

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my sister and her husband has a 04 it had frame replaced years ago and yet it rusted to junk

well if you dont understand im not holding your hand to explain

If you won't hold hands, does that mean the coupon you sent me for a free hug is no longer valid?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you won't hold hands, does that mean the coupon you sent me for a free hug is no longer valid?
lol thats different
You think it’s even dumber than what the back end of the pick up is dragging on the ground headlights are pointing up at the airplanes?
he has one of those lol youll see

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have an 06 Silverado that I bought new. Brake lines rotted out. Rear bumper rotted out, replaced with aftermarket. No body rust but underside is terrible. Recently rear shock mount crossmembers is the latest to rot out. 2" rigid conduit in them to reinforce the rusting tubes. Any pounding when working underneath dislodges large rust chucks that litter on the floor.
That's like the Grandpa Buick. From the topside it looks fine, but the underside has some nasty rust. The rear subframe is getting thin, replacing it is my next project.

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I don't remember the Hundy's having any frame rot? The first Gen Tundras, but not the Hundy's. I had a '95. The only real rust under it when I sold it was the hitch. I am thinking the frames were not made by Dana Corp on the T100...possibly from Japan. Also had a 2006 tacoma that the frame melted under. Got a free new one, along with a lot of smalls and new LCAs. Frame issue aside, best vehicle I will ever have owned. DD it 15 years.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I stopped by my parents house and my dad was out on the zero turn mowing the lawn. JFC, Dad are you trying to kill yourself?? He said “i have stuff to do and i feel ok now”🤦🏼‍♂️. I told him to get his ass back in the house and I finished it.

He hasn’t even been out of the hospital for a week and it hasn’t even been two weeks since he had his bypass😄