Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Larry needs to adjust his readers and pull himself up by his boot straps smh falling behind
Tough to keep up with the banter, I am doing my best. I don't wear readers, just bifocals, progressive though, no line. How's the tree planting @JugHead27 ?

Lnk

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being on call sucks, can't do a damned thing! I did pull up all the tomatoes stakes in the garden for the wife. Chickens can have the garden for a bit. Will dump the compost in next week and they can spread it before I tarp the garden. Too many weeds this year. Hope my plan works to kill some or most of them weed seeds. Will let it cook until planting time next spring.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
3:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tough to keep up with the banter, I am doing my best. I don't wear readers, just bifocals, progressive though, no line. How's the tree planting @JugHead27 ?
Tree 🌳 planting is on pause for the time being good news is I got what I cleared planted bad news is I still have 3000 to plant and my right knee is swollen and I can’t bend it lol

Lnk

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you were in Canada today it would be $27.33

Food for thought…
Was talking with a Canadian couple from Ontario the other day in TN, seems everything is crazy expensive up there, except aluminum, which is cheaper there. They buy all they are allowed to bring across the border, there are limits though. Gas prices shocked me the most, about $8/ gallon. That is nuts!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being on call sucks, can't do a damned thing! I did pull up all the tomatoes stakes in the garden for the wife. Chickens can have the garden for a bit. Will dump the compost in next week and they can spread it before I tarp the garden. Too many weeds this year. Hope my plan works to kill some or most of them weed seeds. Will let it cook until planting time next spring.
My Mennonite friend uses a thick layer of hay between the rows, and around the plants. Chokes the weeds and grass out.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was talking with a Canadian couple from Ontario the other day in TN, seems everything is crazy expensive up there, except aluminum, which is cheaper there. They buy all they are allowed to bring across the border, there are limits though. Gas prices shocked me the most, about $8/ gallon. That is nuts!
I hear a lot of folks grumbling about inflation......the truth is that the US is doing far better than most other countries in that respect.

Lnk

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Mennonite friend uses a thick layer of hay between the rows, and around the plants. Chokes the weeds and grass out.
My hay has many weeds in it, therefore seeds. It would be an endless battle. Wheat straw would be great, but no glyphosphate free source. Everyone is spray happy around here, so I don't get external inputs, I know, I am just particular about chemicals.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We bought our big diesel pusher RV in Tucson in 2016 and drove it back to Alaska and then drove it back down to Phoenix in 2019 to sell it after the boss decided we were going to live in Hawaii full time

150 gallon tank and 7-8 mpg

Filling up in Canada we damn near had to fill out a loan application at each station

Lnk

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We bought our big diesel pusher RV in Tucson in 2016 and drove it back to Alaska and then drove it back down to Phoenix in 2019 to sell it after the boss decided we were going to live in Hawaii full time

150 gallon tank and 7-8 mpg

Filling up in Canada we damn near had to fill out a loan application at each station
Could you make the trip with only one fill-up in Canada? Should have been able to do 700 miles per tank, unless you spend more than 1400 miles in Canada. Still, would not want that fuel bill.

Do you miss Hawaii? Alaska would be nice, if it didn't have all that winter.