Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
4:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back in the saddle. Grab your picks and shovels, the salt mine is calling. The company just cancelled all overtime work. Wonder how that will work out with the man power shortage all divisions are currently under. Fuggin-A I was just starting to get ahead.
Now the good news... @Huskhil has finished muh saw and it is waiting to be shipped. I really hope the brown truck gang doesn't go on strike. I need muh saw. Looking forward to some tree murder, got side work lined up and waiting. Have a great day.
Looks like UPS walked away from the table this morning at 4AM. I don't keep up with all the negotiations, mainly just the highlights, but it seems like a lot of the hangup is in dealing with how we were treated during the covid days. I know from first hand experience that the company did everything it could to try to deny anything in the contract dealing with excessive work hours. During the same time UPS was making more profit than ever before. Billions in profit per quarter. I remember drivers in Springfield running out of DOT hours, so they would take a replacement driver out and pick up the first driver to bring them back in. Then they started invoking the 70 hour rule for emergency conditions. Reminiscent of Christmas time when they try to do the same BS, instead of hiring the workers they need. I don't know what is going on but I am beginning to wonder if UPS wants a strike to tank their stock prices to do a huge buy back at lower prices. When they announced that they were negotiating all through the holiday weekend and up to today the stock jumped in price.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning folks. A bit cooler at the non-homestead place this fine day. 62 says the temp gage, going to a claimed 72. What a welcome relief from the last 3 weeks, a 15-20 degree daytime drop expected for the remainder of the week.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for asking Adam 😉
It was Those bees that got me feeling more normal and also something to fully ocus on,
so yes I feel much better 👍
Damn Sean, didn't even realize you had relationship problems. Sorry to hear. Other fish, ocean thing. You will bee fine! Hang in there.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag