Not So Pro 3

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder how he got insurance to pay for it, aren’t those usually considered cosmetics?

It was on the news here too, fires in Quebec are the source. I refuse to take the blame for anything those frenchies are responsible for…
You gonna be next?
What size are you thinking?
Jason likes them big

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Managed to get half the yard mowed and a few other yard chores done and then I was done, still 84f out but humidity dropped to 53%. Went for a dip in the creek to cool off, weird sounds from the sky, constant rumble of thunder. No hard cracks or anything, an ongoing rumble. Almost as if someone was running a rock crusher or something.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What’s with the air quality warning? Do you have localized smoke or otherwise? We’ve been pretty clear the last 5 days or so.
Think it's fire smoke. The radar image showed jet stream pushing rain/showers from directly north of the homestead, and almost in a straight line. Way different pattern for us.
Managed to get half the yard mowed and a few other yard chores done and then I was done,
Managed to get some chores done on my end as well. Got the lift and dock in, along with part of the irrigation feed/filter setup. Then managed to get 4 more tomato plants and a cluster of cucumbers in the ground. That makes 15 tomato's so far with 3 more chocolate cherry (clusters) remaining. We have a habit of sharing some of the harvest, especially the cherry tom's.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
20230606_164138[1].jpg20230606_165626[1].jpg
Tomatoes , onions, cucumber mounds, and horseradish in the rear part of this garden, with asparagus and winter onions in the further back section near the propane tank.

edit: near to rear spelling

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 380598View attachment 380600
Tomatoes , onions, cucumber mounds, and horseradish in the near part of this garden, with asparagus and winter onions in the further back section near the propane tank.
I need to do some work on our dock, the water is so low my first two section are completely grounded and putting a lot of tension on the third. First section of floating has sunk in to the mud at one end, will try and jack it up out of that and see what I can to next, maybe a 2x8 under that end will at least level it but I really don’t know after that.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@GCJenks204
The bottom here is now firm enuf to use a wheel setup. I have screw-jack adjustable legs with wheels.
One of the neighbors had a soft bottom and used a weed roller and a demucking/digester
tablet to digest the biomatter to firm up the bottom. It appears to have done a good job. They are using the area for swimming now.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning men, haven't tilled the garden yet, tomato plants are still too small to transplant. Maybe by this weekend. Gabby is sleeping through the night fine now. Losing her baby teeth and growing the big girl ones.

Have a good hump day!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning / Evening All. Heavy thunderstorm rolled through around 2:30, lightning bright enough to light the room through the blinds. Still a little drizzle falling when Thea and I hit the road, between that the 68F temps and 97% humidity is was a moist one for sure.
Supposed to be grilling for 100 or so customers this afternoon, hoping this stuff exits the area soon, high of 75 later will be a lot more welcome than the mid 80’s of the last week.

IMG_8273.jpeg

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@GCJenks204
The bottom here is now firm enuf to use a wheel setup. I have screw-jack adjustable legs with wheels.
One of the neighbors had a soft bottom and used a weed roller and a demucking/digester
tablet to digest the biomatter to firm up the bottom. It appears to have done a good job. They are using the area for swimming now.
Our ground if way to soft to consider such, last night when I went for a dip there were spots that if I stood up i would sink ankle deep in the silt. Combine that with the changes in water level that can happen by the day if the wind changes it wouldn’t be practical. Floating really is the only option here. When we moved in last summer the water level was at or near record highs, the difference between then and now is a little hard to adjust too.

IMG_6844.jpeg
This shot if from last August, at time last summer with a strong north wind the water would be to the base of the tree in the upper right corner, currently the edge of the water is closer to the line where the width of the dock changes.