GoldMember
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
fixed yet slacker ?
what all did you break
Both of those hydraulic cylinders are leaking from the end gland. That roller tube is fubared. Someone ran it with a bad bearing long enough to just about cut the tube end off....then replaced the bearing, and left the the tube as it was. The bearing is good.....the tube just gave up. I've got some 3 1/2" tube coming so I can make a new end for it. I'll pull those glands out and take them to the hydraulic cylinder place for seals and orings.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both of those hydraulic cylinders are leaking from the end gland. That roller tube is fubared. Someone ran it with a bad bearing long enough to just about cut the tube end off....then replaced the bearing, and left the the tube as it was. The bearing is good.....the tube just gave up. I've got some 3 1/2" tube coming so I can make a new end for it. I'll pull those glands out and take them to the hydraulic cylinder place for seals and orings.
So 2025 project?
Hell, at this point I know this baler inside and out, top to bottom.
Lol get it going gramps

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ain't even gonna lie....I'm ready to chill out and just sit on my ass this evening.
Still waiting on the goats to come in so we can lock them in and trim a set of hooves. 1 goat per day makes it easier. Plus we can skip a day whenever we want. We used to do every 3 months, and it was a week long chore. Now it is 5 minutes a day. I should have thought this up years ago.

That should be an easy fix, a different baler would have a learning curve, and maybe other problems. As you say, you know this one inside out. Fix it and keep using it. My hayliner works a dream. Won't be replacing it anytime soon.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still waiting on the goats to come in so we can lock them in and trim a set of hooves. 1 goat per day makes it easier. Plus we can skip a day whenever we want. We used to do every 3 months, and it was a week long chore. Now it is 5 minutes a day. I should have thought this up years ago.

That should be an easy fix, a different baler would have a learning curve, and maybe other problems. As you say, you know this one inside out. Fix it and keep using it. My hayliner works a dream. Won't be replacing it anytime soon.
Smart on the goat hoofs.

These machines are all the same really. Belts, bearings, and rollers. I'm just glad I'm able to fix stuff.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How'd that go?
Said I was healing up good
Chest bone is between 60/70 percent healed up
Set up cardiac therapy for me at local hospital
Took me off the stomach meds
So I take a baby aspirin once a day and blood pressure pill twice a day and that is all I will be on
Told me pain should be gone in a couple weeks
And I should be back 100% in 6 more weeks
I told the heart doctor and his help that I hoped I never seen them again

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smart on the goat hoofs.

These machines are all the same really. Belts, bearings, and rollers. I'm just glad I'm able to fix stuff.
If you couldn't, you wouldn't be a farmer. lol. I wonder how people that can't fix anything get by? Must be expensive!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Said I was healing up good
Chest bone is between 60/70 percent healed up
Set up cardiac therapy for me at local hospital
Took me off the stomach meds
So I take a baby aspirin once a day and blood pressure pill twice a day and that is all I will be on
Told me pain should be gone in a couple weeks
And I should be back 100% in 6 more weeks
I told the heart doctor and his help that I hoped I never seen them again
I hope you never see them again too.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I can get motivated enough I might look up the jet stream charts to see if the flow has changed again or if it is just how long it takes to get there and that clearing is coming soon as we have already.
The smoke really rolled in here today. Went out around ten o'clock and you could smell it in the air.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think 99.9% of all full transitions do…juss sayin. And that don’t even account for da tiddies.
I wonder how he got insurance to pay for it, aren’t those usually considered cosmetics?
The smoke really rolled in here today. Went out around ten o'clock and you could smell it in the air.
It was on the news here too, fires in Quebec are the source. I refuse to take the blame for anything those frenchies are responsible for…