Not So Pro 3

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Good day folks. It was a warn one yesterday, showed 94 on the home outdoor therm.
It was 71 earlier this morning going to a claimed 90 with almost no chance of rain.
We got missed on the rain yesterday, for a while in the afternoon you could smell/feel the freshness of moisture close by, but alas, no drizzle at our homestead.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my mind the most impressive part of the story is the response by our emergency services. 28 people triaged, assessed and transported if necessary in under an hour. Multiple crews and attending to patients in under 10 minutes is a complete fluke, our average ambulance response time has risen to almost 20 minutes in 2022. Good to know when the chips are really down that the resources exist and will make it happen.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning all. We too have not gotten much of any rain. My hay is almost ready to be cut, but I am holding out for a rain before I do. Want what's left after I cut to not brown up and die. We could use some moisture. Not as much as others need it. How you doing @JugHead27 ? Any updates? Hoping for the best.
Not really much good news to relay, the fire is behaving as expected still, as it’s been record breaking heat for this time of year and low humidity, cross over temps relative to humidity in some cases. Has been lots of man power called in, some from the US and various other countries. The fire that jumped or started up across the shelburne harbour is out of control and growing. The wind shifts back towards the main town I’m usually around tomorrow, which will cause severe smoke and possible have it come this way more, it’s already at the edge of town. The only good news is it rains a little tomorrow night and some moderate rain over weekend and early next week, it’s not heavy rain by the looks, but it’s welcome. I suspect the fire won’t be out for atleast another 1-2 weeks. Still no status on my place I honestly think it’s burnt but can’t say for sure, a cottage just across the road was getting water bombed all day long by a helo and on the scanner they were saying that structure was at risk. They have local private contractors out in the woods with bunchers, excavators and dozers to form fire break lines for before the wind shifts back towards barrington.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I can speak for everyone here and hope you all get through without loss of your home. I am envisioning what it must be like, and I can tell you it is unpleasant thoughts. Thanks for the update @JugHead27 . Will continue to pray they get this stopped and extinguished.