Not So Pro 3

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I,m done for the day…. That’s worn out done.
Up and down a ladder setting ropes & cutting face & back cut sometimes 2 trees at once. Cos they all grew to close and limb locked to much.
Then help pull the tops out with 2 :1 pulley and that’s two of us pulling them. Then snedding/limbing the tops to go throu the 4” chipper which that was the other guys job. :rolleyes:
Look at the pic and the red line is where I had to cut.. and the end of the line is where I got to.
Although there were 3 whole trees at the front that came out as well.

the worst thing is I know they will be coming out later… but *B-S.... bureaucracy means they stay for a bit longer resulting in more work. :D

Ahh well. It’s a learning curve..;)
14425CB3-530A-445E-9F49-1F27FA6E8302.jpeg

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
3:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anyone offer a tip or two for removing a broken 12-24 tap from a reinforced metal door frame. And i already know not to break it off in the first place....
2561a232p1-a07a-digital@1x_635937406150000000.png

Tap Extractor my friend. McMaster-Carr is your point of contact.
Order and delivery on that big fat credit card in your wallet.

Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anyone offer a tip or two for removing a broken 12-24 tap from a reinforced metal door frame. And i already know not to break it off in the first place....
I used to break the small bolts, then the Small bolt retractor tap thingee in the in engine blocks all dee times. If it's not red hot, it's not meant to be moved. Even the metals expand and contract at dillerent rates, it's time to move!
I just moved!
You have to have a steady hand and small bit to drill around your tapping trash left behind to free it up.
They don't teach ya that stuffs in the Ingersoll Rand Door hardware course.
You're gonna get 3 metal screws In . Get paid walk away.
Ya gotta ignore the boss man rushing you and keep clearing out the tap or snap! Don't be using the drill for a hand tool operation.
* It's billable minutes you gotta add up!
I've been the doer of bad things like this in a senior facility. My partner was drunk so I took the reigns and installed the locksets, hinged doors and panic bars.
That tap is a lost cause. If you can drill and tap another hole through the hinge and welded frame.
We used Tex/Tecks to cut and tap the threads. If you gotta run home to meats on the grill and the USMC is ringing the dinner bell.
Better to just rent out some pigs!
Nobody's paying overtime.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to break the small bolts, then the Small bolt retractor tap thingee in the in engine blocks all dee times. If it's not red hot, it's not meant to be moved. Even the metals expand and contract at dillerent rates, it's time to move!
I just moved!
You have to have a steady hand and small bit to drill around your tapping trash left behind to free it up.
They don't teach ya that stuffs in the Ingersoll Rand Door hardware course.
You're gonna get 3 metal screws In . Get paid walk away.
Ya gotta ignore the boss man rushing you and keep clearing out the tap or snap! Don't be using the drill for a hand tool operation.
* It's billable minutes you gotta add up!
I've been the doer of bad things like this in a senior facility. My partner was drunk so I took the reigns and installed the locksets, hinged doors and panic bars.
That tap is a lost cause. If you can drill and tap another hole through the hinge and welded frame.
We used Tex/Tecks to cut and tap the threads. If you gotta run home to meats on the grill and the USMC is ringing the dinner bell.
Better rent out some pigs!
Nobody's paying overtime.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I actually did have to run home to meats on the grill tonight.IMG_20220928_174033158_MP.jpg

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
2:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew it was coming. We’re heading down to Florida on Friday to work. Last time i went south was after Katrina.

My best friend is supposed to fly into Savannah Georgia Saturday morning, right about the time ots supposed to hit there. Except his trip is supposed to be vacation.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Use a punch and drive the Tap into the hollow part of the frame, you will be left with 50% of the threads. Re-tap and insert screw. Not too tight.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My best friend is supposed to fly into Savannah Georgia Saturday morning, right about the time ots supposed to hit there. Except his trip is supposed to be vacation.
That sucks! Had a vacation ruined by a hurricane once, never scheduled another this time of year.