High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Not So Pro 3

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
. We had that 50 and rain followed by 9. Snow melts and flows down hillside and freezes...all ice. Instead of going up driveway/road in 4x4 I just turned F150 around near road and hooked a chain from hitch to a tree so the F150 does not slide into the road. Leave it there because it is supposed to be 45 Monday and let Mother Nature melt the drive. I have tire chains but did not need to go up the hill. Better than sliding down backwards on the ice and possibly totalling truck. Snowing out now. The drive goes a lot further uphill than what shows in picture.View attachment 327877
View attachment 327877
Got a dusting of snow last night and no problem coming up the ice flow. When the ice looks glassy on top...forget it and put out some dirt or stove ashes. Good ice flow going in though! 60 by mid week might not even clear it. Used to it though.tmp-cam-6988800104833206413.jpg tmp-cam-7868785123543095833.jpg
tmp-cam-6988800104833206413.jpg

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
tmp-cam-4266890212852577195.jpg
Good morning.
Heat wave today. :zplayita:
What temps? They say 60 in Maine in a day or so. I need it...you should see the ice flow I got for a driveway!
Looks nice, except, why is everything white. Lol. I lived in New England most of my life. I don't miss the snow at all.
The driveway. Doubt the coming heat wave of one day freakish 60 temp is going to clear it. Probably make it bigger when it refreezes. Some years better than others...top of hill melts and goes like lava from a volcano and then refreezes.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a couple of vices like that...very handy. I also have the same DeWalt angle grinder with no shield that I have to remind myself to wear my welders gloves with. Yes, I have taken some skin off. On my big angle grinder the safety stuff is all left on. I do a bunch of welding and grinding etc sometimes. Got to be careful doing that stuff because I have a brother with throat cancer and he did a lot of welding, cutting, metal work.

Read where they took the lock on switches off the big angle grinders at one steel shop.. They did that cause one of the guys slit across his torso with an 8" grinder that was locked on and they had to stuff his guts back in.
Liked for the message.
Yes, that grinder is "retired" from the service truck.
There are 2 or 3 more here that have guards, but lock on switches.
I like to keep one set up with grinding wheel, cuttoff wheel, wire wheel, etc.
Can just grab and go instead of changing attachments.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning/ Evening All.

Not too bad a start to the day, couple inches of fresh on the ground but at least it isn’t blowing around today…

View attachment 327948

Also kicked Wordle’s butt today.

Wordle 246 3/6

⬛⬛
⬛
Not blowing around? Then how does 0f feel like -22f?

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Liked for the message.
Yes, that grinder is "retired" from the service truck.
There are 2 or 3 more here that have guards, but lock on switches.
I like to keep one set up with grinding wheel, cuttoff wheel, wire wheel, etc.
Can just grab and go instead of changing attachments.
Was not being a safety policeman. I do the same as far as having multiple tools of the same thing set up for different tasks...saves time and hassle. I set tools up for the job at hand and will rip off safeties if need be...my DeWalt angle grinder has no guard and a cut off wheel to be able to cut at different angles etc without guard getting in the way or worse vibrating off. Some safeties and gaurds cause more danger and make the tool useless.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 327947
What temps? They say 60 in Maine in a day or so. I need it...you should see the ice flow I got for a driveway!
The driveway. Doubt the coming heat wave of one day freakish 60 temp is going to clear it. Probably make it bigger when it refreezes. Some years better than others...top of hill melts and goes like lava from a volcano and then refreezes.

40*F today then two days of snow and back to cold tomorrow and all week.