Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That took a pretty good sized set of stones.

That was stupid. Lucky to be alive with that small of a brain.

To @Mastermind and anyone else that's a gear head. Just finished up an episode of engine masters. They did a stock manifold vs port matched vs Wilson off the shelf ported intake. All three were identical eldelbrock Victor Jr units in a 406 small block Chevy that made 546 hp and 501 tq with the stock Victor intake.

Port matching made zero difference in hp or torque under 5000 rpm. 5000-7000 it picked up 8-11 hp.

The ported unit picked up power everywhere from 3900 up. Torque included.

So if you are building a torque motor that won't see 5000+ rpm, port matching is wasted time. That said, I'd still do it because I'm me. And you can brag about "its port matched too"! Lol.

Now, most importantly, morning and GFYs.

I used a set of Chinese castings for heads, and a matching intake. The match at the intake ports was literally perfect. I tried three different intake manifold gaskets before I realized that unless I ordered them from the same company the heads and intake came from there was never gonna be a match. When I got those, they were perfect.

The intake ports in these heads were moved up, and over a little. The pushrod holes in the heads were moved too. All that because the intake valves are 2.060" in diameter and the pushrod needed moved over to better center the rocker arm to the valve stem.

Sadly, there was no literature about any of this offered by the Chinese company.

To use these heads, I needed to get everything from Speedmaster. Someone trying to run them with an Edelbrock intake would be chit outta luck.

The product is great with a little attention to detail. The valve job wasn't stellar, so it was redone. The springs needed better locating seats...so they were added. But as far as fit and finish, these parts are excellent for the money.

Oh....on port matching, what you posted is dead on.

You missed what I did there.

I usually do.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
4:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
250 posts behind what have I missed :D
Meh...not much. Some dude in Hawaii fittin' to have deer sitting in his recliner, crashed on his couch...some perv trying to cock-block a lonely damn great horned owl for Gods' sake, trying to get his little pecker wet...some damn Kiwi stole a cooler-full o' snapper (and not the two-legged version)...and various other questionable acts. So, in summary...just another typical few days with these damn hoodlums up in here!

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had another calf born overnight. Seems the cows have adjusted their calving habits to night time because of the threat from black buzzards. Three calves born in this pasture over the last week.....all at night.

So you're saying Jason is black?