JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fellas.

Worked on the Buick a bit more today. New inner rocker panel came in. Should work fine. Also pulled the rear axle and suspension out of the frame. I'm going to box and notch the frame but not sure if I want to fab my own panels to box it or buy the Hellwig Frame FX kit. The lazy man in me wants to just buy the Hellwig kit but I'm not really a fan of the way it looks once its on. So I'm leaning towards fabbinb my own. 1/8 plate steel isn't expensive and fab work is nothing new.

20210807_185751.jpg 20210807_185800.jpg

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fellas.

Worked on the Buick a bit more today. New inner rocker panel came in. Should work fine. Also pulled the rear axle and suspension out of the frame. I'm going to box and notch the frame but not sure if I want to fab my own panels to box it or buy the Hellwig Frame FX kit. The lazy man in me wants to just buy the Hellwig kit but I'm not really a fan of the way it looks once its on. So I'm leaning towards fabbinb my own. 1/8 plate steel isn't expensive and fab work is nothing new.

View attachment 304769 View attachment 304770
how much plate would it take ?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was my point on the Reddit thread I first saw it on. Got downvoted to oblivion. One person called them irreplaceable trees. I said look at them, the are half dead anyway.

Some people are just morons.
The links are behind a paywall but you'll get the drift. These clowns moved a house past our home with nothing more than top of lungs swearing at 3am, but cut down road signs and native trees for a ten mile path.....
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern...idge-to-parua-bay/5OIGQ5HOZJA3MMUE2377PFLOKI/

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern...rs-saga-continues/JK4E7ECXZF7PKTJ4FWW22HB44U/

In a really strange twist of fate, the house ended up being from next door to my mum's, and belonged to one of my high school ex-girlfriends dad.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fellas.

View attachment 304769 View attachment 304770
I'm not super familiar with these, but the shell looked like a family member of a Grand National?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The links are behind a paywall but you'll get the drift. These clowns moved a house past our home with nothing more than top of lungs swearing a 3am, but cut down road signs and native trees for a ten mile path.....
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern...idge-to-parua-bay/5OIGQ5HOZJA3MMUE2377PFLOKI/

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern...rs-saga-continues/JK4E7ECXZF7PKTJ4FWW22HB44U/

In a really strange twist of fate, the house ended up being from next door to my mum's, and belonged to one of my high school ex-girlfriends dad.

The worst part of the public distress is that those trees rarely live 10 years after placement on the boulevard. Road salt, sand, snow plots all wreak havoc on them and they need to be replaced.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how much plate would it take ?

Not much. Probably 4"x72" would just about do both sides. Just a lot of small pieces to cut out.

I'm not super familiar with these, but the shell looked like a family member of a Grand National?

You'd be correct. It's an '87 Regal, same chassis.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
That was my point on the Reddit thread I first saw it on. Got downvoted to oblivion. One person called them irreplaceable trees. I said look at them, the are half dead anyway.

Some people are just morons.
Yes they are. Those “highly valuable” locust trees would have given up in a few years planted in that piśś poor patch of dirt anyway. You really cannot fix stupid.