Not So Pro 3

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
8:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@cuinrearview the foodsaver bags are good but I found them too flimsy. Maybe things have changed with them but they never used to list the thickness of their bags. I bought a metricfuckton of these vacmesh bags which are (3mil thickness) much more durable. View attachment 269790

Happy to send a box as I still have like 8.
That's what I hated about the chebay rolls. Too thin and didn't melt right. Stop *f-wording vac sealing loops of full chisel bro.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I’ve had a FoodSaver for years, will have to look at the model to see which one...but will these bags work worth a *s-wordt in FoodSaver models? I know some bags are finicky as hell in other mfg’r models. I’ll see which model mine is.
Box claims they do. No idea after I blew up 2 foodsavers in a year I ponied up and bought the weston. Buy once cry once. Big thing that convinced me to purchase was the seals, teflon tape, and sealing element were easily replaced.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
That's what I hated about the chebay rolls. Too thin and didn't melt right. Stop *frenching vac sealing loops of full chisel bro.
Probably 1.5 mil. I did vac seal a buncho ammo before it tragically fell in the lake in a freak canoe accident.;)

Used to vac-seal hops and malted barley/ grain. Also beef, chicken, pork, lamb... went through an amateur butcher phase. T-bones and pork chop bones would regularly rip through. Plus the seal would frequently fail. The Weston had like double the sealing surface at the time. The foodsavers are great for low volume home use. I was just trying to use them beyond their reasonable intended use.

Looking at Weston's website it seems they sell their own brand of bags and rolls now, but still 3mil.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't say nuffin about loving hockey. After building a house for a Steeler years ago i saw how much they arent like us. Plus they started it wif all the Crosby talk.
lol ive met jeff hostetler and frank gatski and they was ok
maybe its the new nfl that blows donkey dicks ?