Not So Pro 3

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
10:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Afternoon guys. Was a pretty busy last 20 hours. I hit a smaller buck 20 min before dark last night. Had a good trail for 40 min then we jumped him and he went a ways so we called it a night. It was tough because of the rain and snow that moved in over night but we weren't gonna get him last night. I got lucky this morning. The snow hid the blood but his still warm brown body stood out. All I have pics of is the last cuts i vac sealed. I was not a happy camper last night but the .450 earned it's keep. We had tenderloin tacos for lunch and all of the dogs got parts of the carcass to snack on.20201130_150249.jpg 20201130_145704.jpg

ramrat

Circle T Outdoor Services
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Afternoon guys. Was a pretty busy last 20 hours. I hit a smaller buck 20 min before dark last night. Had a good trail for 40 min then we jumped him and he went a ways so we called it a night. It was tough because of the rain and snow that moved in over night but we weren't gonna get him last night. I got lucky this morning. The snow hid the blood but his still warm brown body stood out. All I have pics of is the last cuts i vac sealed. I was not a happy camper last night but the .450 earned it's keep. We had tenderloin tacos for lunch and all of the dogs got parts of the carcass to snack on.View attachment 269759 View attachment 269760
What model of Vacuum sealer do you have Tim? I have been looking at buying one. My 45-70 is ready for this weekend.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Afternoon guys. Was a pretty busy last 20 hours. I hit a smaller buck 20 min before dark last night. Had a good trail for 40 min then we jumped him and he went a ways so we called it a night. It was tough because of the rain and snow that moved in over night but we weren't gonna get him last night. I got lucky this morning. The snow hid the blood but his still warm brown body stood out. All I have pics of is the last cuts i vac sealed. I was not a happy camper last night but the .450 earned it's keep. We had tenderloin tacos for lunch and all of the dogs got parts of the carcass to snack on.View attachment 269759 View attachment 269760

Good to hear you were able to recover it, Tim!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
What he ever do to you? Oh that's right kicked yo teams ass....
Nah I don't care about that. I was a huge Penguins fan back in the Lemieux days. He's a punk-ass, and I'm just not a fan of his game.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics FFS.:)
Almost missed this one.
20200709_131832.jpg
What model of Vacuum sealer do you have Tim? I have been looking at buying one. My 45-70 is ready for this weekend.
My old one was a Rival Seal A Meal and it served me for many years. I'm not sure if they're still around. The new one is a Foodsaver. I'm not sure of the model but it has the extra cutter and sealer below to make bags off of the roll as you go. Very handy and the sealer elements recover very quickly. I got it at Costco a couple years ago. The only brand I'm loyal to is the bags. I've tried a lot of different ones and cheap ebay rolls. IMO the hassle is not worth it. Spend the $$ on the Foodsaver brand. They're just so easy to work with.

Good luck in the field Lee. I guess they're allowing us to use regular guns during muzzleloader season down here this year so the AR may get some more action then and during late doe season. It may be in Foster's hands though. He was drooling when I showed it to him. If I still have it next season I will pick up a mono stick to use with it and probably upgrade the cheapo optic.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lee I've had a Weston pro 2300 for about 10 years now. Predecessor to the 2600. Bought it directly from Weston, but I think they have them on amazon.
20201130_165118.jpg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@cuinrearview the foodsaver bags are good but I found them too flimsy. Maybe things have changed with them but they never used to list the thickness of their bags. I bought a metricfuckton of these vacmesh bags which are (3mil thickness) much more durable. 20201130_171608.jpg

Happy to send a box as I still have like 8.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@cuinrearview the foodsaver bags are good but I found them too flimsy. Maybe things have changed with them but they never used to list the thickness of their bags. I bought a metricfuckton of these vacmesh bags which are (3mil thickness) much more durable. View attachment 269790

Happy to send a box as I still have like 8.
I’ve had a FoodSaver for years, will have to look at the model to see which one...but will these bags work worth a *s-wordt in FoodSaver models? I know some bags are finicky as hell in other mfg’r models. I’ll see which model mine is.