davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coo mang. No hurry. I'm in limbo atm on both saws.
Sorry we didn’t run the wee out of your test saw. I said I would but it didn’t occur to me that I’d have two freshly ported saws to play with.

@huskihl next year can we whack some of them dead trees you got?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry we didn’t run the wee out of your test saw. I said I would but it didn’t occur to me that I’d have two freshly ported saws to play with.

@huskihl next year can we whack some of them dead trees you got?
Yeah the elm trees probably need to come down. It won’t be long and I will be real tired of picking up sticks

SCHallenger

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update on the "mystery ailment" of my MS201. Saturday PM just after Gunner & I & Dan & Gunner finished challenge races, Dan & I were having a discussion about MS200 vs. MS201. Dan brought out his 200T which ran like a AA fuel dragster, & I got my 201 which ran like a constipated cow!! While warming it up I said it wasn't running right. Dan, Mike, & Kevin all tried to help with the retuning after I took it from the beginning (started at idle & L adjustment & progressed to the H using both the tach & my ears). Nothing solved the problem!! I was flummoxed! After thinking about it for a few days, I thought there was something impeding the flow of fuel or exhaust. Where to start?? I thought I would replace the plug & fuel filter--just because! The plug looked fine, but I replaced it anyway. When I opened the fuel tank, it was 95% EMPTY!!! I replaced the fuel filter, filled the tank, & started it up. It ran perfectly!! Throttle response, acceleration, etc. couldn't have been better!! After a good warm up without putting it in wood, It tached at 13,800 with just a minor tweaking of the H screw. This is an ideal setting for this saw because the limiter cuts in at 14,000. Putting it in wood would up it to about 14,300 & make the tach bounce. This is exactly how I set it up after replacing the original coil, which was limited at 13,300, with the Stihl upgrade. Amen!!!

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update on the "mystery ailment" of my MS201. Saturday PM just after Gunner & I & Dan & Gunner finished challenge races, Dan & I were having a discussion about MS200 vs. MS201. Dan brought out his 200T which ran like a AA fuel dragster, & I got my 201 which ran like a constipated cow!! While warming it up I said it wasn't running right. Dan, Mike, & Kevin all tried to help with the retuning after I took it from the beginning (started at idle & L adjustment & progressed to the H using both the tach & my ears). Nothing solved the problem!! I was flummoxed! After thinking about it for a few days, I thought there was something impeding the flow of fuel or exhaust. Where to start?? I thought I would replace the plug & fuel filter--just because! The plug looked fine, but I replaced it anyway. When I opened the fuel tank, it was 95% EMPTY!!! I replaced the fuel filter, filled the tank, & started it up. It ran perfectly!! Throttle response, acceleration, etc. couldn't have been better!! After a good warm up without putting it in wood, It tached at 13,800 with just a minor tweaking of the H screw. This is an ideal setting for this saw because the limiter cuts in at 14,000. Putting it in wood would up it to about 14,300 & make the tach bounce. This is exactly how I set it up after replacing the original coil, which was limited at 13,300, with the Stihl upgrade. Amen!!!
This is great news but I'm pretty sure if you're going to talk about constipated cows on this forum the folks in charge are going to want pics.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good deal bud!