Need splitter, which one?

alfack

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good idea. Yeah. I always have a can of WD40 handy to get the pitch off the wheels and rails. Definitely a must.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Good idea. Yeah. I always have a can of WD40 handy to get the pitch off the wheels and rails. Definitely a must.

The problem with regular wd40 and other wet lube is it attracts dirt and bark and then it becomes a vicious cycle. Been there done that and don’t care to go back. I urge any SS owners I run into to give the ptfe stuff a try.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The problem with regular wd40 and other wet lube is it attracts dirt and bark and then it becomes a vicious cycle. Been there done that and don’t care to go back. I urge any SS owners I run into to give the ptfe stuff a try.
I’ve kept a small spakle knife sitting in the rear tire height adjuster square tube to scrape the beam & bearings.

You advice just made me order the Interflon-ishment stuff to try. They’re pretty proud of that stuff ……

:beer-toast1:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve kept a small spakle knife sitting in the rear tire height adjuster square tube to scrape the beam & bearings.

You advice just made me order the Interflon-ishment stuff to try. They’re pretty proud of that stuff ……

:beer-toast1:

Yeah I keep a small pry bar, 5 in 1 scraper tool, and a small hatchet in that ammo can along with a can of the interflon. I think it works a little better than the wd40 stuff but I’m probably too cheap to buy more instead of the wd40 ptfe stuff. One thing I will say is a little goes a long way once you get all the old gunk cleaned off the machine.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I keep a small pry bar, 5 in 1 scraper tool, and a small hatchet in that ammo can along with a can of the interflon. I think it works a little better than the wd40 stuff but I’m probably too cheap to buy more instead of the wd40 ptfe stuff. One thing I will say is a little goes a long way once you get all the old gunk cleaned off the machine.
Stainless steel scrubbers work better than a scraper imo. I will have to try the WD40 ptfe stuff, you speak of...

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stainless steel scrubbers work better than a scraper imo. I will have to try the WD40 ptfe stuff, you speak of...
Really haven’t needed the scraper much since switching to the ptfe lube. Usually only if it’s really wet out.

You talking like a stainless steel pot scrubber or more a bristle brush? I’d like to give it a try.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really haven’t needed the scraper much since switching to the ptfe lube. Usually only if it’s really wet out.

You talking like a stainless steel pot scrubber or more a bristle brush? I’d like to give it a try.
Yes, the pot scrubber...