High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Need help with Stihl HT101 pole saw please

Jdfan49

New OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Stihl HT101 pole pruner. It will not start. I have replaced carb, put new rings and piston in it, cleaned up every part of it and it still will not fire. Spark plug is getting fire. All the elements are there for it to start, it just wont. Can someone help?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Stihl HT101 pole pruner. It will not start. I have replaced carb, put new rings and piston in it, cleaned up every part of it and it still will not fire. Spark plug is getting fire. All the elements are there for it to start, it just wont. Can someone help?
Set to H and L one turn out and see id it will fire, than fine tune from there. Make sure the impulse tube fits snug. I've had a string of bad carbs that fit these engines, you're lucky if you get a good one, Chinese junk carbs.

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One turn out on the carb screws is not enough. Don't give this advise if you don't know the correct setting. He may be able to destroy his machine running it like this. Depending on the carburetor he has, he needs 3 turns or more on the H, and at least 1,5-3 turns on the L.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One turn out on the carb screws is not enough. Don't give this advise if you don't know the correct setting. He may be able to destroy his machine running it like this. Depending on the carburetor he has, he needs 3 turns or more on the H, and at least 1,5-3 turns on the L.
That is not how they have behaved on the ones I've done, factory setting was way too rich, wouldn't even fire. I just put a new carb on my personal fs110, I also said to fine tune after he gets it running. Read the whole post before jumping someone.

Jdfan49

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks everyone....back in the shop this morning to tackle it again as soon as I get this John Deere tractor out of here. I will check all these things and advise later today

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everyone....back in the shop this morning to tackle it again as soon as I get this John Deere tractor out of here. I will check all these things and advise later today
These carbs can be tricky, I also find these engines to load if you set the L just slightly rich. Make sure to dry out any unburnt fuel, they won't fire is the engine even gets slightly too much fuel in it.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure you used the correct carb gasket between the carb and the cylinder. The IPL shows two carbs but only one gasket style. That's an error by Stihl.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
have you adjusted the valves properly? check the plastic cam as well. redlight066 said above.these 4 mix motors are not going to run without proper valve and cam timing. btdt...got a few t shirts to prove it