My seal puller

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I love mine
what have you pulled seals on so far. FYI the larger adapter are for pulling av bushing and holding sumo together also for press vac testing 088 etc.The 3.1 is going to be your go to for seals. Also have to tap the seal with tool before pulling. You might already know this
"tap" is one thing...Ive had to "smash" the Sumbish on at times. to the point where it feels like im doing something wrong. Always warm the seals up some, tap them in and still have little success . Ive tried on everything that I split now just because I am curious. are you "tapping" the "jaws" in first then screwing them on to arms or tapping on the threaded "head" of the tool ?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to sound like a smart a$$ but you can use a dry wall screw and a little pry bar and get the same results .Use a sharp pick punch to start a little hole in the metal portion of the seal ,screw it in and pull it out .--simple things from a simple man --

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Made this one for the little 026 seal. But works great on the others too.

sealtool.jpg

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"tap" is one thing...Ive had to "smash" the Sumbish on at times. to the point where it feels like im doing something wrong. Always warm the seals up some, tap them in and still have little success . Ive tried on everything that I split now just because I am curious. are you "tapping" the "jaws" in first then screwing them on to arms or tapping on the threaded "head" of the tool ?
I fit them to the puller first

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fit them to the puller first then tap over each shoulder
of the puller until they;r in & under

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
images

Site sponsor HL supply has them.

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so you hammer them down under the lip and guess how low is "good enough" ?
got it...
Yep!,just as you see the puller leg flared skirt under the inner lip of the seal
then turn the outrigger screws in hard,and spin the unit on its axis while turning
down the puller threads!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
2:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Older thread but I’ve also had limited success with the Stihl puller. I even have gone by the manual on what jaws and the pulling process. Some pop right out the next one fights. Yes I tap the seal to break loose before trying puller

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm still using my tiny slide hammer with different screws. One to punch the hole and another to remove the seal. Won't work on Bak-a-lite plastic so they get the screw driver hooker.