High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My 346xp

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Since you guys get me sidetracked easy and know im a sucker for off topic banter..

I think i got er' narrowed down..its the coil , and ill add its an aftermarket joint from ebay.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In all seriousness though, make sure that no wires are unplugged or broken. May remove the coil and make sure there is no corrosion preventing a good ground. My 350 the other day wouldn't shut off, turned out the end that slips into the plastic switch had worked loose. That doesn't appear to be the problem here, but that's my experience with them.

Bingo -- my 350 came that way from the guy who rebuilt it and sold it on ebay.
After 5 mins it wouldn't shut off... put the terminal back in the switch, worked a couple times then ... same problem. Found out later I could shove the terminal w/ more force on to the plastic switch area and it clicked in home nicely (could feel it seated on there much better than any time before). No problem since -- stays on nice.

Meter is your best friend for electrical stuff when it's beyond mechanical stuff.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since you guys get me sidetracked easy and know im a sucker for off topic banter..

I think i got er' narrowed down..its the coil , and ill add its an aftermarket joint from ebay.

Hadn't read the whole thread yet -- glad you found it. If its limited, good time to switch to unlimited.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I just swapped coil in mine. It would start but not Rev up, it would just idle. So in goes a 455 coil.1465173598080-680080177.jpg

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Is that not where it goes, huh no wonder it didn't run right.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bingo -- my 350 came that way from the guy who rebuilt it and sold it on ebay.
After 5 mins it wouldn't shut off... put the terminal back in the switch, worked a couple times then ... same problem. Found out later I could shove the terminal w/ more force on to the plastic switch area and it clicked in home nicely (could feel it seated on there much better than any time before). No problem since -- stays on nice.

Meter is your best friend for electrical stuff when it's beyond mechanical stuff.

I made sure everything was snug and in place..its the coil , i know it.

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had one that the copper wires had broken out of the spade connection at the coil. The insulation was still crimped in it. Put a meter to it to find out. new wires. Fine since.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had one that the copper wires had broken out of the spade connection at the coil. The insulation was still crimped in it. Put a meter to it to find out. new wires. Fine since.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your contribution to a worthless thread i stared keith..your the man.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you checked your wires? Sometimes a wire is loose....Submitted by the department of redundant redundancy department.....

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I actually just laffed.

Last edited: