mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I know people will say I am full of it but I replace the Farmer Tech starter pull with a factory Stihl pulley and this thing starts so much easier . Now I did pull the flywheel off to check the shaft key. It looked fine. Don't know whats up but for now it starts great.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I know people will say I am full of it but I replace the Farmer Tech starter pull with a factory Stihl pulley and this thing starts so much easier . Now I did pull the flywheel off to check the shaft key. It looked fine. Don't know whats up but for now it starts great.

I bet the ID on the FarmerTec was bored out too large, so when you pull on it the dust cover off the back of the pulley rubs.

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
@mirage any updates on the usability, functionality and performance on your 880?

Im thinking bout getting an 880 kit, mostly bc i want to assemble it myself, but i also hate the blue everything of the pre-assembled units.
I was gonna buy the kit and bring it to work and see if 4 heli mechs can assemble a running unit without issues. But my upcoming back surgery and being out of work for 2 months, i think i’ll wait till next fire season to have a crew assembly party.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw is hard to pull start. I am getting old .I am 66. I can start it but don"t like to. If I had someone to hold it down it would be easier to start.

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The saw is hard to pull start. I am getting old .I am 66. I can start it but don"t like to. If I had someone to hold it down it would be easier to start.

So it cranks, runs and cuts good? Well, good for your use?

charles.mann

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cleveland, TX.
You must drive fast, its, depending address, 2hrs 50 min.
If our acft doesnt go to south america this winter, i’ll bring a kit in after my back surgery and im on lite duty, and we’ll build one. They guys are actually looking forward to it. I’ll do a 660 and 880 kit. But let me get on lite duty and get a paycheck started again, and i’ll drive down to you and we can build it together.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a couple of beasts that can be a bear to pull over and there's no handle that accommodates a boot very well. I saw someone put a 1x3 of oak through the handle on the ground and place their foot on that once, it definitely adds more of a natural stance and leverage when starting. Also if you aren't using husqvarna decomps yet switch it out.

LoneOak

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that sounds like a plan! I'll look forward to seeing you then!

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a couple of beasts that can be a bear to pull over and there's no handle that accommodates a boot very well. I saw someone put a 1x3 of oak through the handle on the ground and place their foot on that once, it definitely adds more of a natural stance and leverage when starting. Also if you aren't using husqvarna decomps yet switch it out.

I found that out VERY fast.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been running the 880 some today. The saw won't idol. I don't see how one person can adjust the carb when it is running.

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure its good and warmed up..rev it a bit to clean it out then after your sure it ain't loaded up on fuel from just being started, begin with adjusting idle\ low or vice versa..

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw is good a warmed up. The saw on hight screw is 1 turn. Right now the low screw is 2 1/4 turns out. The idea screw is adjusted all the way in. I can bring the saw down to idle and it will rev up and quit. I started at 1 1/4 on low screw. The more I turn it out the longer it will idle but that is NOT very long. I think I got a NGK plug in it but not sure. Any advice?

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw is good a warmed up. The saw on hight screw is 1 turn. Right now the low screw is 2 1/4 turns out. The idea screw is adjusted all the way in. I can bring the saw down to idle and it will rev up and quit. I started at 1 1/4 on low screw. The more I turn it out the longer it will idle but that is NOT very long. I think I got a NGK plug in it but not sure. Any advice?
The needle might be stuck or level is no Buena, something in the carburetor fuel feed circuits are not getting enough fuel.
Will it run with the choke closed?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never ran one of these, but I would check the adjustment lever, I have seen them screw things up on 660s and other saws.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never ran one of these, but I would check the adjustment lever, I have seen them screw things up on 660s and other saws.

I looked at that. I can kind of hold the trigger and make it idle. I will bend the tab on the carb tomorrow for the idle. Thanks