MS462C - 572XP Comparison

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone knows the new Camaros are the cats ass! Fastest things on the street.

That stang sounded like it was getting a little tired. Might need a freshening up.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well yeah...my lawnmower could beat a mustang.

You are reminding me of when I was in college. We got the 6 fastest cars out to race to see who was the fastest. To be safe, we raced in an abandon parking lot, so it was just 1/8 mile. One of the guys with a 70 Cuda thought he would take it all easily, but he did not know me (we had a mutual friend), so he started asking me questions:

1) What engine is in the 68 Mustang (a 390) 390s don't run (OK).

2) What gears do you have (3.25), posi (No), Traction bars (No)

He then told me "we are only running 1/8 mi, you don't have a snowballs chance in H***". I said "OK".

I beat all of the other cars, and this guy 3 times and the next fastest one twice. They just could not believe it! Those 2 cars both beat me out of the hole, but when I banged second gear I shot by them like they were standing still, and the race was over.

With 3.25 gears and a close ratio 4 speed, (engine went to 6,800) I did 70 in first, 90 in second, 110 in third, and I never maxed out 4th, but it would have been faster than that car should go (est 150-160).

The car had a wild cam. Ford only made 2 427 solid lifter cams. I ordered the street one (306 duration), I'm sure I got the race one instead (320 duration). It would not open the vacuum secondary's on a 735 Holley, so I ran an 800 Holley double pumper with mechanical secondary's. Also had Hooker headers, TRW double roller timing chain, and Mallory photo cell electronic ignition. When that engine hit 3,500 RPM, it screamed! Also had a Hurst T Handle shifter, and BF Goodrich Radial Trans Ams on the back (G60 X 15 I believe). I was the only one I knew running those tires, almost everyone else had the big fat MTs, but those Trans Ams hooked real well.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are reminding me of when I was in college. We got the 6 fastest cars out to race to see who was the fastest. To be safe, we raced in an abandon parking lot, so it was just 1/8 mile. One of the guys with a 70 Cuda thought he would take it all easily, but he did not know me (we had a mutual friend), so he started asking me questions:

He then told me "we are only running 1/8 mi, you don't have a snowballs chance in H***". I said "OK".

I beat all of the other cars, and this guy 3 times and the next fastest one twice. They just could not believe it! Those 2 cars both beat me out of the hole, but when I banged second gear I shot by them like they were standing still, and the race was over.

With 3.25 gears and a close ratio 4 speed, (engine went to 6,800) I did 70 in first, 90 in second, 110 in third, and I never maxed out 4th, but it would have been faster than that car should go (est 150-160).

The car had a wild cam. Ford only made 2 427 solid lifter cams. I ordered the street one (306 duration), I'm sure I got the race one instead (320 duration). It would not open the vacuum secondary's on a 735 Holley, so I ran an 800 Holley double pumper with mechanical secondary's. Also had Hooker headers, TRW double roller timing chain, and Mallory photo cell electronic ignition. When that engine hit 3,500 RPM, it screamed! Also had a Hurst T Handle shifter, and BF Goodrich Radial Trans Ams on the back (G60 X 15 I believe). I was the only one I knew running those tires, almost everyone else had the big fat MTs, but those Trans Ams hooked real well.

Stock is best; that’s my motto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Just wanted to hear a story Mike and you delivered. Thank yee sir...lol

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never raced 1/8 mile , is 1/4 still sanctioned yet?
I shifted my 448 goat at 7K .rev limiter was set at 8K:D
The back and forth Hurst verticle gate shifter on the m22 rock crusher was a sweet setup.
B+M 400 hydro would have been quicker, but this farm kid liked slapping sticks.