MS462C - 572XP Comparison

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are harder on them than I am is what I meant, ie more daily use rather than firewood and a tree job here and there. Besides they would last a lot longer if they rotated a different saw in once every couple weeks and they had 30-40 saws lol.
I believe you as I have seen some failures myself, fortunately for me it doesn't look bad on me in any way.
Doesn't seem like it would be to hard for someone to come up with a design and have a great heavy duty muffler built and manufactured for them if someone had those kind of connections, me I'd just have one built if I was "that hard" on them.

Or you could just buy a Stihl, and not need to worry about all of that...messing around.

hint....:D

↓ ↓ ↓

Would y'all believe that the MS461 is the saw I've done the most of in the last month?

:campeon:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would y'all believe that the MS461 is the saw I've done the most of in the last month?
I would, they are a great saw, the last one I had you built was a beast.
Funny you should mention that. I've got a 461 I built about a year ago on the way back. It ate a muffler bolt. How the hell it came loose is beyond me.
Try using a husky bolt on it lol.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or you could just buy a Stihl, and not need to worry about all of that...messing around.

hint....:D

↓ ↓ ↓

:campeon:
Honestly if that was the only problem then it wouldn't be a big deal.
You know I'm a fan of the 460/461, just don't like the vibes and the handling, but they are a great saw and I can't deny that.
Unfortunately they will never gain legend status unless the 462 flops, which I hope it doesn't.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly if that was the only problem then it wouldn't be a big deal.
You know I'm a fan of the 460/461, just don't like the vibes and the handling, but they are a great saw and I can't deny that.
Unfortunately they will never gain legend status unless the 462 flops, which I hope it doesn't.

MS461 is already a legend and always will be, IMHO....

May not be to someone else, but it is to me...:)

What time of the year does stihl have the awards ceremony, and hand out legend trophy's?

:couch:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.......needless to say, I have high hopes for both the 572XP, and the MS462.

Husqvarna really needs a 5 series saw that ain't plagued with hot start issues and QC snafus. And Stihl needs to make a lighter more compact unit that doesn't pack the air filter in five minutes.

Fingers crossed !!!!!!

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And Stihl needs to make a lighter more compact unit that doesn't pack the air filter in five minutes.

Fingers crossed !!!!!!

No worries, the bad filter never dies [emoji38] it's a stihl tradition

I'm sure, The 500i will bring it back without prefiltration [emoji85]

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not that anyone is that hard on them. They are a *s-wordty weak ass design. I see it all the time.

The newer ones seem to be worse than the older ones. Why can't Husky make a muffler like Dolmar? The 6400/7900 muffler are the shiz nit. Even the 421 has a better quality muffler than the 372 and a 421 is a plastic handle saw.