High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS362C Break in

edritchey

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I sent my new saw to Randy to be ported and was wondering how many tanks of mix I can expect it to take for the saw to break in after I get it back? I'll be using Stihl full synthetic. Thanks for any info in advance. :D

This will be my 1st. ported saw I can't wait to make some chips fly. :)

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride. I usually consider a saw broken in after 10 tanks. YMMV.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8-10 tanks you'll feel when it breaks in.

edritchey

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought it as a retirement gift to myself and my friend Ty talked me into having it ported by Mastermind Work Saws. I got to talk to Randy and sent my new baby off soon after now I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas LOL. I thought it might take 10~20 tanks to break in fully since I'm going to run full synthetic Stihl oil in the mix. I might even spend the extra bucks to break it in using Stihl's premix for the 1st 20 tanks.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought it as a retirement gift to myself and my friend Ty talked me into having it ported by Mastermind Work Saws. I got to talk to Randy and sent my new baby off soon after now I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas LOL. I thought it might take 10~20 tanks to break in fully since I'm going to run full synthetic Stihl oil in the mix. I might even spend the extra bucks to break it in using Stihl's premix for the 1st 20 tanks.
No need to waste $$ on the snake oil.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congratulations on your retirement I’m sure you are going to like that saw.

A lot of people noticed high levels of carbon with stihl ultra.
Lots of other good options. Even the dino or semi synthetic seem to perform better.
Echo red armor is a great option and sold at Home Depot.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Congratulations on your retirement I’m sure you are going to like that saw.

A lot of people noticed high levels of carbon with stihl ultra.
Lots of other good options. Even the dino or semi synthetic seem to perform better.
Echo red armor is a great option and sold at Home Depot.
What David said ^

VP is good if you want some of the best synthetic available. Many more brands to match or better it. Stihl Ultra wouldn't make my top twenty... nasty gummy headache oil, ymmv.

edritchey

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That is good to know I'll check into the other options mentioned above thanks for the info.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have pics somewhere of the rebuilds I've
Done on saws using stihl ultra
Stuck rings and heavy carbon deposits
Was common.
Virtually any other premium oil has been good
Personally i like the red armor
I've run it 8 year's now no deposits on my heavily used saws
No headaches like the stihl or husky gives me.l
The premix is way overpriced imho

Last edited:

edritchey

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No I just sent it in to get ported a few weeks ago and Randy said there was a few months backlog so it will be awhile until I get it back to play with. I'm just asking some questions on breakin time for my own info. Looks like I'm probably going to go with the Echo synthetic instead of the Stihl product from what everyone saying. :)

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No I just sent it in to get ported a few weeks ago and Randy said there was a few months backlog so it will be awhile until I get it back to play with. I'm just asking some questions on breakin time for my own info. Looks like I'm probably going to go with the Echo synthetic instead of the Stihl product from what everyone saying. :)
It makes pistons smile