av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had about 20 hours on the saw that was sent to Randy so I had a good feel for it and was real familiar with everything about it. (Quirks and all)
The saw that was returned to me resembled the original only in appearance. When I started it to run it for the first time after getting it back, I could tell from the first pull there was another animal in there wanting out. Once running, it sounded bigger, not just louder but bigger. Like a different saw. And once I began cutting with it the grin factor really kicked in. It is a different saw.
No complaints or concerns here. You can look thru the hole in the muffler right at the exhaust port. The work done there is exquisite, if that term can be applied to a chainsaw. It’s very obvious what he was thinking there, and the quality of the work done would give everyone confidence in the other work done that can’t be seen. Performance is out of this world. The saw will snatch you off your feet if you’re not paying attention when you pull the trigger. My expectations have been exceeded. Great work done by a real gentleman.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had about 20 hours on the saw that was sent to Randy so I had a good feel for it and was real familiar with everything about it. (Quirks and all)
The saw that was returned to me resembled the original only in appearance. When I started it to run it for the first time after getting it back, I could tell from the first pull there was another animal in there wanting out. Once running, it sounded bigger, not just louder but bigger. Like a different saw. And once I began cutting with it the grin factor really kicked in. It is a different saw.
No complaints or concerns here. You can look thru the hole in the muffler right at the exhaust port. The work done there is exquisite, if that term can be applied to a chainsaw. It’s very obvious what he was thinking there, and the quality of the work done would give everyone confidence in the other work done that can’t be seen. Performance is out of this world. The saw will snatch you off your feet if you’re not paying attention when you pull the trigger. My expectations have been exceeded. Great work done by a real gentleman.

Thank you for the kind words Jim.

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's all in the cards!!! Lol
Nice...
That’s not fluffed up one little bit if that’s what you’re implying. I have two MMWS’s now and I’m really that crazy about both. The other is a 200T that I acquired from @luckydad when he moved on to the 201TCM. That little saw still screams (cuts too) and I feel very fortunate to own it. I have another in the pipeline. The dealings I’ve had with @Mastermind is where I draw the gentleman comparison from. You probably meant well and I didn’t realize it but I wanted you to know I was completely serious about my review as well as my opinion of Randy.

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s an interesting comparison. I have been running nothing but 95cc chainsaws for 6 months. Several different Sachs Dolmar 143’s into a special 34” red oak log I trucked in just so I’d have something to run them in. So I have a good feel for a 95cc saw to say the least. I recently converted the 500i to .404 and I hadn’t really had a big piece of wood to run it in. I got if down and started cutting into this big log. I was kind of surprised that it was cutting so well, in fact , maybe even a little bit quicker than the 95cc Dolmar.
The Dolmar engine runs down low and the 500i screams by comparison, but they both get thru the same log in the same time. Now, not apples to apples but I think @Mastermind deserves a whack on the back for getting an 80cc (not even) saw to run with a hotrod (for it’s time) 95cc.
The Dolmar 143 is no slouch, it’s set up with an 8 pin rim sprocket for chain speed and with the plastic tank and tops it’s a great power to weight package. image.jpg

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s an interesting comparison. I have been running nothing but 95cc chainsaws for 6 months. Several different Sachs Dolmar 143’s into a special 34” red oak log I trucked in just so I’d have something to run them in. So I have a good feel for a 95cc saw to say the least. I recently converted the 500i to .404 and I hadn’t really had a big piece of wood to run it in. I got if down and started cutting into this big log. I was kind of surprised that it was cutting so well, in fact , maybe even a little bit quicker than the 95cc Dolmar.
The Dolmar engine runs down low and the 500i screams by comparison, but they both get thru the same log in the same time. Now, not apples to apples but I think @Mastermind deserves a whack on the back for getting an 80cc (not even) saw to run with a hotrod (for it’s time) 95cc.
The Dolmar 143 is no slouch, it’s set up with an 8 pin rim sprocket for chain speed and with the plastic tank and tops it’s a great power to weight package. View attachment 383346
Those 143,s are strong saws👍