PAST MMWS 2021 GTG...Cancelled

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kinda. The second tank is a thumper keg. Mash goes in the copper pot, a gallon of backings (the tail end of the last run, approximately 50 proof) goes in the stainless keg. Alcohol vapor boils off the mash and travels through the pipe to the thumper, which has an inlet line that is below the surface of the backings liquid, where it condenses to liquid again. Eventually the steam from the pot causes the liquid in the thumper to start boiling so that you get a second distillation. The steam leaves the thumper and travels to the worm which for mine is a 50’ long coil of 5/8 copper line twisted in a 50 gallon barrel of water. It condenses back to liquid and runs out the bottom distilled. With a good starting corn and sugar wash that has an alcohol percentage of 18% I can see 190 proof on the first couple jars, and collect over 4 gallons of distillate from 20 gallons of mash. I stop collecting for drinking and blending purposes at 70 proof. Everything lower goes into the next batch or in the thumper. Sorry that’s super long winded.

This is a dying art. Teach those worthy behind you Thumper.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So...if a californio was to get on an airpane to escape the desert heat and play with saws and meet you other weirdos that like to play with saws...which GTG? I liked NY...but didn’t get to meet @Spike60 and @afleetcommand

Last edited:

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So...if a calfornio was to get on an airpane to escape the desert heat and play with saws and meet you other weirdos that like to play with saws...which GTG? I liked NY...but didn’t get to meet @Spike60 and @afleetcommand
East Jordan MI. September. Won't be hot either. @huskihl