Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Pretty simple idea they are.

The question is a ten dollar one.

Wood and metal Diablo is, as Dave says, twenty bucks.
The all metal blade is thirty. It has teefs too.

I know nada about these blades.

The task will be demo, old pallets and chit with metal in the wood.
If I can cut thin wood, under two inches thick, can I use the metal blade mostly cutting wood?

Don't want a smoker, got one, and don't need to keep ripping cutters off the chainsaw, muh chains! I have fifty plus loops now to sharpen. Some 1/3 are over one hundred drivers, slacker!

Last edited:

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We always used a sawzall for wood with nails embedded in it when I worked construction, but I would definitely try this new Diablo blade and see if it’s got anything good going for it

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't used those new wood and metal diablo blades yet, but was eyeballing them the other day. Their demo demons have been the most durable in dirty wood that I have found so far though. The wood/metal blade looks like it will last longer, but cut slower. It was also considerably more expensive. Not sure if the durability to cost ratio adjusted with the speed of cut factor is going to work for me in the end, but I do plan on giving them a try. Have a lot of dirty wood(metal and concrete) to cut up on one of the current jobs.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are cutting ‘wood and metal’, wouldn’t a ‘wood and metal’ blade sound optimized for that?

The teeth in a ‘metal’ blade might be too fine: think ‘hack saw’.

with a recip saw, a carbide tooth, ‘nail cutting, demolition’ blade worked best fir me, cleaning up disaster stuff.

Philbert

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use nothing but Diablo blades whether its sawzall blades, circular saw or miter saw blades. Their 10" finish blades for trim work are outstanding. These are the sawzall blades I've used for awhile now when doing tear outs. They hold up pretty well even when cutting mudset walls.
20210217_103137.jpg