High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Let's Talk Transfers

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
There are saws that don't live and die on velocity or capacity. You have to learn each model.

I've noticed huskys don't really mind more grinding but stihls do.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
http://opeforum.com/threads/my-2153.909/

look at the porting I did to this saw. built for torque
I've read through that thread a couple times. I noticed you used jb weld to fill in the case below the lower transfers. Was that to eliminate the step thereby enhancing flow, or to add some case compression back as someone had mentioned in your thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You trade one for the other,it's a compromise.

There is no case matching on a stihl and the more you grind on one the worse it will run.

Ironworker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've only done six saws and the last two I did very little grinding, taking the less is more approach, mostly on the lowers and widening the exhaust and very little on the uppers on one and nothing to the uppers on another, my theory being that the charge will increase volume as it comes up the transfers and a nice wide smooth exhaust for a nice fast flow of spent gases.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only done six saws and the last two I did very little grinding, taking the less is more approach, mostly on the lowers and widening the exhaust and very little on the uppers on one and nothing to the uppers on another, my theory being that the charge will increase velocity as it comes up the transfers and a nice wide smooth exhaust for a nice fast flow of spent gases.

Fixxed it for ya

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been running tranfer configurations through my noodle today specifically Scott saying mains first. Im having a hard time figuring why, thinking intake open first should "push" out the ex.

We talk alot about direction, velocity and volume what about ignition? Is there any ignition of the incoming charge from the heat on the ex side?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it's not about how fast the charge is moving, but how much charge your moving in a given time. volume, air pump
That would insinuate larger ports are better. But doesn't seem to be the case...

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been running tranfer configurations through my noodle today specifically Scott saying mains first. Im having a hard time figuring why, thinking intake open first should "push" out the ex.

We talk alot about direction, velocity and volume what about ignition? Is there any ignition of the incoming charge from the heat on the ex side?
No. It doesn't ignite til it's under compression and the plug fires.