Kohler Courage Single - Exhaust Pipe Info

Clarkbug

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I wanted to make a post to hopefully help someone in the future....

My son has a little Cub Cadet LT1042 with the Kohler Courage Single engine in it. I know its a junky engine, but the mower was free, and he can drive and mow with it, so that makes it perfect.

Anyway, he managed to crack the exhaust pipe due to some loose engine mounting bolts. That was a good lesson in stopping your mower when something seems strange, and then it just went bang and made a loud noise. I cannot weld or braze, so we went looking for a new part. Of course, Cut Cadet/MTD says this part 751-10047 is NLA. Not great. I didnt see any on the 'bay, but kept searching.

It turns out that Husqvarna also made a mower with the same engine on it, and it has the same muffler mounting configuration. They list part 583955301 as the exhaust pipe, and I took a chance that it was a similar configuration. Turns out its a perfect fit. Available all over the web and much cheaper to boot.

Hopefully someone searching the 'net somewhere in the future finds this post and it saves them a few dollars.

johnnyducati

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I wanted to make a post to hopefully help someone in the future....

My son has a little Cub Cadet LT1042 with the Kohler Courage Single engine in it. I know its a junky engine, but the mower was free, and he can drive and mow with it, so that makes it perfect.

Anyway, he managed to crack the exhaust pipe due to some loose engine mounting bolts. That was a good lesson in stopping your mower when something seems strange, and then it just went bang and made a loud noise. I cannot weld or braze, so we went looking for a new part. Of course, Cut Cadet/MTD says this part 751-10047 is NLA. Not great. I didnt see any on the 'bay, but kept searching.

It turns out that Husqvarna also made a mower with the same engine on it, and it has the same muffler mounting configuration. They list part 583955301 as the exhaust pipe, and I took a chance that it was a similar configuration. Turns out its a perfect fit. Available all over the web and much cheaper to boot.

Hopefully someone searching the 'net somewhere in the future finds this post and it saves them a few dollars.
Too late to help this person, but if I had no welding skills, I would head to the nearest technical High School or College with a welding dept. A budding welder might not make the prettiest welds for you, but I bet they would give you back a fully functional part for free or the cost of materials.