Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put a kit in a friends J 2250
Any one know an initial setting on the L and H screws?
It is a Zama C1M EL37b strato carb and I guess my next step is to pull the filter base so I can physically see where the throttle plate is.
First start after kitting the carb It would start and Idle fair and then die when opening the throttle.
I checked the L at 1-14 turns and the H at 1-5/8 turns when I had it apart. I got carb clean through the L and H ports on the first squirt.
Pump flaps were puckered and curled a bit and the metering valve was hard with a bit of pucker in it.
Carb was surprisingly clean on the inside when I took it apart.
I have it where it won't start and plug is always wet (Meaning I am "Goin' Baakertz")

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Answered via the telephone. ☎️
Too much back and forth with questions and whatnot, will try and report what the issue was if possible.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got done with talking to Stump Shot and tried a few things. I need to be doing other (Important) things first, so when I get back to this saw It will get a vac/press test as I Assumed they were ok (SILLY of Me) . I am questioning the seals or a leak so I need to start with the basics. This is a strato saw and blocking it off to test will be a new ordeal for me.
I will try to keep this thread updated but it may be a month (More or less).