High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

is there a "better" stock carb for the 372 series?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would the HS 296a for a dolmar 7900 be more or less a direct fit to the 372 family?
Not really. Need to rotate the boot and mod a few things. I’d use hd12 on 7900/372 for a stock or modded worksaw, it works just fine. I did put a 395 carb on a 372 and a 394 carb on a 390xp and they did gain, but it wasn’t really worth all the work for a worksaw unless u want max gain to race someone at a gtg.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would the HS 296a for a dolmar 7900 be more or less a direct fit to the 372 family?
I've seen the carb you're talking about advertised in Dave's eBay store. I believe that's more for a racing application. It does fit, but I haven't found a way to fit an air filter with it on a dolmar without using a velocity stack and putting the filter on top

Last edited:

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Just kicking ideas around. I have an original Zama on my 2065 now. Was gonna try Poleman rejetting on it and the got to thinking about an HS if that doesn't go well.

Stock the Zama L has to be maxed out to keep the idle under control. With the idle screw just touching.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Just kicking ideas around. I have an original Zama on my 2065 now. Was gonna try Poleman rejetting on it and the got to thinking about an HS if that doesn't go well.

Stock the Zama L has to be maxed out to keep the idle under control. With the idle screw just touching.
The blue 7900 I just did a month ago has a polman Zama in it. They work pretty well in a work saw

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
unless u want max gain to race someone at a
If anything was thinking could gain just a smidge on the bottom. Still messing with the 48mm and in all honesty it puts a smile on my face already. I will feel better having it more tunable.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d put a hd12 on it and see how you like it. Is it the closed or open port 65cc?
Closed 48mm Tecomec. I put the open port away (150 psi yet) and hacked the tt up for the learning experience.

Might do something different down the road but this thing just flat out gets it done. I can't see 2mm more bringing enough more here. I do think it can squeak out a tad more yet.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Closed 48mm Tecomec. I put the open port away (150 psi yet) and hacked the tt up for the learning experience.

Might do something different down the road but this thing just flat out gets it done. I can't see 2mm more bringing enough more here. I do think it can squeak out a tad more yet.
What size bar do you want to run?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t bother with a bigger p/c then if you just want to run a 20 all the time for firewood. The 65cc is sporty with that. Larger than a 20 or felling timber I like the larger cylinders.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen the carb you're talking about advertised in Dave's eBay store. I believe that's more for a racing application. It does fit, but I haven't found a way to fit an air filter with it on a dolmar without using a velocity stack and putting the filter on top

I had got an air filter to fit on some with theRWJ. It takes a lot of trial and error to get full throttle travel and choke working properly. It is possible with the RWJ, WJ, and HS series.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had got an air filter to fit on some with theRWJ. It takes a lot of trial and error to get full throttle travel and choke working properly. It is possible with the RWJ, WJ, and HS series.
On my 7900, the filter pinches down on the impulse when you push the low-top cover down enough to buckle it. I'm sure I could've ground some more off the filter or used a solid impulse line for a couple inches and made it work. Just wanted guys to know it wasn't plug and play

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my 7900, the filter pinches down on the impulse when you push the low-top cover down enough to buckle it. I'm sure I could've ground some more off the filter or used a solid impulse line for a couple inches and made it work. Just wanted guys to know it wasn't plug and play

It’s definitely a time consuming part of it. Is it worth it all I’m not sure. Depends on how much the owner will mess with the filter every time they clean it to make sure it’s all working every time.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old thread bump.

China "zama" 372 carbs. Not the ones poleman can modify. Is there a way to make them accelerate better? My ported 372 sounds on the lean side when reving up from idle and runs better if I run the L a little rich. My heavily ported China 5200 running this carb really bogs in the mid range when the L and H are well tuned for idle and top end. If I richen up the L till it smokes and barely runs at idle it'll accelerate OK, but should be better.

I think my ultimate goal should be to print a copy of the good zama body out of nylon. But I'd like to adjust the current ones.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So with the 390 carb and 390 intake boot, what else is changed over? I'm assuming from reading this is that's it. A little work to make it fit and all is good? I'm going to be very interested in this concept here in a few months. I'm going to be building me a 372xp to keep finally. And looking for "fun" things to do with it. Like flippy caps as a possibility. Anybody got a part number for this carb so I get the right one?

Much appreciated if you can.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 390/385 China carb fits with the factory everything else just twisted a bit. As of right now I forget if I used the 372hd intake elbow or the 372 x-torq. But it's a good bit more tunable.

Iirc if you do use the 390 boot you need to use the x-torq choke rod and will need the x-torq intake elbow.