Not open for further replies.

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
11:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Harvested a tract some years back that was situated in the thick of an Amish community. Every day we had them stopping by wanting permission to cut firewood. Friendly enough people, to be fair.

Guy I had working the landing got to interact with them the most. He said one old gentleman offered a weekend job to him. Involved free stay at the nearest motel and some money, a stud fee....

They needed some new blood in the lines it seems.... Lol!

How much did he make? What town???? Don't hold out on me lol

Just gotta put yer earplugs in yer nose holes... so I'm told.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellers.....this thread. It can't stay here.

We need to get back to doing our thing, and let this mess go.
oh, I just felt I'd started.
I understand we have to let it go Randy.

With those threads we've had, we've warned our members not sending a saw to IH, if anyone do it's pretty much up to them.

We got lucky since Rick went to Bob @Spike60, they went through Jesses's saw together. No one can accuse Rick for wrong doing, no one can accuse Bob for wrong doing.
Bob is a very skilled dealer and know his trade 100%, and he has no dog in this fight.
As more I think about it as more I have to praise Rick for his choice.

We can't do a damn thing about IH loyal fans on his youtube channel, nor can we help out people who choose to use IH service in the future, 8950 subscibers, it's like.....if I thought IH would had learned by this experience, but his last videos tells me he hasn't learned a damn thing, unfortantly I think it will happen again.

logger450

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
oh, I just felt I'd started.
I understand we have to let it go Randy.

With those threads we've had, we've warned our members not sending a saw to IH, if anyone do it's pretty much up to them.

We got lucky since Rick went to Bob @Spike60, they went through Jesses's saw together. No one can accuse Rick for wrong doing, no one can accuse Bob for wrong doing.
Bob is a very skilled dealer and know his trade 100%, and he has no dog in this fight.
As more I think about it as more I have to praise Rick for his choice.

We can't do a damn thing about IH loyal fans on his youtube channel, nor can we help out people who choose to use IH service in the future, 8950 subscibers, it's like.....if I thought IH would had learned by this experience, but his last videos tells me he hasn't learned a damn thing, unfortantly I think it will happen again.
Thanks for the kind words. When I find out when and if Jesse gets the money and top back, I will email Randy with the info and he can decide what to do with it. I would like to post Jesse's build along with a video of it running (with no mention of IH) But that's up to Randy. This is his gig

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@ 34:40 Billy you're starting to lose me on this one, that cylinder is hideous looking brother! This is the last post I'll be making here. These people are losing it gushing over IH, they have no clue what they're looking at.:(

Last edited:

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like he was using the cutting tool and bumping the part till he got a full cut. This is just putting errors on errors, what if the original base wasn’t square to the bore.

Also he didn’t cut the skirt extension so it’s likely to bottom out on the case.

Nice mandrel though, he needs to chuck it up first and get its run out correct then use a socket and long extension through the spindle bore to tighten the cylinder on it.

Exactly, his first pass was .005 and said that almost gave him a clean surface. Highly unlikely on an OEM cylinder. No way he could correct his run out (accurately) like that. I think he did take some off the skirt extension but I could be wrong, it was a little painful to watch. Thanks @tree monkey

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read through the other 2 threads and this 1 without saying a word. Some of it I agree with it some of it I am embarrassed to be part of. So let's fix the saw leave our guard up to protect ourselves and others from iron horse and others like him and move on.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the unprovoked Amish-bashing is reason enough to close it.

I’m also curious to know if Jessie gets his money and the original cylinder back. But I suppose it’s really none of my business.
These boys can get off the rails on occasion.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the kind words. When I find out when and if Jesse gets the money and top back, I will email Randy with the info and he can decide what to do with it. I would like to post Jesse's build along with a video of it running (with no mention of IH) But that's up to Randy. This is his gig

I was hoping you would post up.

Please do post a thread on the build. Lots of pictures....

If Jesse gets that jug back, I'd like to have it. Consider it a trade for a new ported jug?

I have the tools to check it for taper and out of round.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't kid yourselves, Ole IH has picked up close to 2000 subs since this blew up last week. He's loving this.

Odd that he is doubling down on some of his initial mistakes. Continuing to tout Hyway top ends after the lemon he got is not good advice to his channel guys. Doesn't matter if it was stock or ported, that jug was just too far out of spec to run on any saw without a lot of machining. Can't understand why he doesn't get that. Regardless of what we think about his port work, pricing and everything, if he had used an OEM top end, it would have had enough compression to run OK. (only would have cost him another $50-$60). The lack of compression is due to how Hyway cast that jug, not what IH did to it. Still, shame on him for letting it go back to the customer with 135psi; no defense for that. He says he's going to bolt that jug on another saw? Wonder what he'll have to say about it.

Had another customer come in Sat with a Hyway tale. 372BB kit that had .060 squish with a gasket and would free port without it. That junk is over rated and seriously over priced. Yeah, they look nice. Til the plating falls off. Garbage.

logger450

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was hoping you would post up.

Please do post a thread on the build. Lots of pictures....

If Jesse gets that jug back, I'd like to have it. Consider it a trade for a new ported jug?

I have the tools to check it for taper and out of round.
I will let Jesse know. Will my 1" muffler pipe do good on your new top or would you like a different configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.