davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have exactly zero patience for long winded youtubers. Which by every metric seems to be the opposite of what draws in huge amounts of followers and views. Evidently just getting to the point doesn't sell well these days.
If you want views, post a short and look dumb. 😆

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven’t watched that vid of Walt’s yet, mostly because I don’t own any 5 series or have a lot of interest in them. I get the gist from reading here.

There are multiple purposes and intents for YT content I think. Sharing info/teaching, hanging out with friends with similar interests, and entertainment. Probably more out there.

If I’m trying to learn something, I usually try to by reading, because I can read very fast, much faster than most people talk, and I can skim to what I need too. If I’m trying to learn by video I skip a lot. Vid helps with visuals of course.

I really like Walt’s vids and I think they are the second type…just hanging out with friends online because we live in different parts of the country. No hurry, just hanging out. When I’m feeling chatty I do the same on my vids, but I’m usually trying to get something done.
Downside of hangout vids is I have a hard time keeping up with Walt’s channel because I don’t often have a big enough block of time, or I just don’t have the patience, which concerns me because I think I might be falling into the trap in modern society of Right Now on everything to hold interest. 🤔

Lastly you have the entertainment bit which I guess is usually shorts aimed at mindless and apparently mannerless scrollers. I see many YTers make comments about drama with shorts.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn’t mean to. 😆

That 💩 tornado has taken off again of late. I guess I should have gotten monetized.
I think you're up to 40m views now?

What you should do is post some shorts of you winching people out of ravines in the desert and call out Matt's Off Road Recovery.

Then his supporters will come over to tell you everything you did wrong and your channel will take off. After you become a Youtube millionaire,
I'll buy your Dodge and use it to promote my frozen yogurt franchise. To heck with chainsaws anyways...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What you should do is post some shorts of you winching people out of ravines in the desert and call out Matt's Off Road Recovery.

Then his supporters will come over to tell you everything you did wrong and your channel will take off. After you become a Youtube millionaire,
I'll buy your Dodge and use it to promote my frozen yogurt franchise. To heck with chainsaws anyways...
Hear Hear !!!!

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Funny thing about Matt’s. I don’t follow him but someone sent me a vid. He got called down here to recover a ‘rover or something fancy out of a ravine in the mntns that I’ve done a few recoveries out of.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This are old guys the watch short videos.