Interchangeably between stihl ms26cm gen1 and gen3

Honkykong7777

OPE Member
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, I am new to the forum and had a question. I have a ms26cm gen1 and I was wanting to know if the clutch cover is interchangeable between gen1 and gen3. I know the black piece that goes behind the cover is and the cover seems to bolt on ok. the only difference I can seem to spot is the hole on the back cover that the drive sticks through is just slight larger. Is there a slightly larger inner clutch cover I need to replace as well? I hope this makes sense and thank you in advance.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, I am new to the forum and had a question. I have a ms26cm gen1 and I was wanting to know if the clutch cover is interchangeable between gen1 and gen3. I know the black piece that goes behind the cover is and the cover seems to bolt on ok. the only difference I can seem to spot is the hole on the back cover that the drive sticks through is just slight larger. Is there a slightly larger inner clutch cover I need to replace as well? I hope this makes sense and thank you in advance.
If you use the different covers, you need to also change the piece behind it you referred to.

Honkykong7777

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I did replace the piece behind. I just wasn't sure if there was anything else.

TruckCo12

New OPE Member
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you got it to work can you let me know exactly was needed for the conversion.