I picked up a cant hook today...

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At my school last year, they put up some LGBT lesson thing and everybody prevented the teacher from starting the lesson. Lets take this to NSP3.
Ok, we can take it to NSP3. F*** LGBT and whatever the rest of the letters are. Sorry Dall, lol. Cool that everyone prevented the teacher from starting the lesson.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
1:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know. I am usually more active in the summer. I was moving and cutting from 10 am to 6:30 pm. I also didn't sleep too good the night before.

I think I believe him. I’ve have done a couple 10 hour days on short sleep in my lifetime. I’m used to my short sleep schedule tho which is usually midnight to 4:30 AM.
You kids have no idea😄. I’ve worked MANY 16 hour shifts on little to no sleep.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like my Logrite/Stihl cant hook. I’d buy another.. My brother (also a logger) uses our grandpa’s cant hook from back in the day, with a handle made from an Ash tree in his yard.
At one of the previous Mn GTG do not remember who brought a light blue colored cant I think it was 48", any how it would not grab those 30+" logs and just slipped off as the hook length and radius was to short.

I do vaguely recall one of the modern designs was offered in a larger size hook?

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw this LogOX 3-in-1 Forestry Multi-tool at a homesteader conference. Gave it a try, seemed really well built and multi-functional. This is the route I will probably go when my current timberjack gives out. Works as a Peavey/Cant, Timberjack and log carrier.

LogOX 3-in-1 Forestry Multi-tool