StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know most don't like aftermarket cylinders besides maybe meteor. Well I have 2 hyway titanikel cylinders and both have impressed me quite a bit. The first one is a 660 big bore which I felt for the price I couldn't complain. And honestly there isn't anything I would have wanted changed if I were to have ran it as a stock part.

The second cylinder was ordered when I was drunk from Wagner's it is for My 372 xtorq. The saw was bought in 2012 by previous owner and used daily. The cylinders bore was out of factory spec confirmed by my bore gauge.( That plus the messaged up carburetor flange was likely causing major problems for me got it)
ive only got 1 complaint about this cylinder so far. The transfer doors are not doors. They can't be removed! I guess you could say in some cases that's actually a good thing because it's 1 less location for a leak to develop. it Kinda sucks not having a right angle piece for my foredom the doors literally open up doors of opportunity . 🤣

I only intend to use this cylinder for a short period of time. this just gives me the opportunity to use my saw until my bigger paycheck at that time I'll get a OEM replacement. I can't bring myself to pick up the holzfforma g372 pro after using this saw. Not because the pro didn't have a good amount of power it's just a freaking cinder block.

I am curious what you guys think about hyways titanikel series of cylinders? And would you say they compare close to meteor? For what they are I think there pretty decent. Price could be a better but hey what in life couldn't have a better price.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
8:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW, I’m not a porter and I wouldn’t use one. I have read way too many horror story’s from reputable porters not having success with them to risk messing up a good saw using them.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW, I’m not a porter and I wouldn’t use one. I have read way too many horror story’s from reputable porters not having success with them to risk messing up a good saw using them.
I just think that guys claiming that Hyway is good stuff don’t actually run their saws.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
7:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hyway uses the same casting for Titanikel and there regular plating. Most of their castings are subtly lousy. But the biggest problem is the plating. It’s irregular, poorly adhered and very brittle. You can make power with a Hyway jug, but it’s a pain. Grinding risks the plating lifting. Some bores oval when machined. And the transfer angles need adjusted very close to what the casting will allow. I really don’t recommend them.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dyno Joe did a post pretty recently about using aftermarket jugs. Neither the Hyway or the Meteor worked out. He ended up sleeving them, which in that case, I would have just used an oem with trashed plating and saved a significant amount of money. Kevin also said that he once got a Meteor jug once ported to almost run as good as a stock oem jug…

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dyno Joe did a post pretty recently about using aftermarket jugs. Neither the Hyway or the Meteor worked out. He ended up sleeving them, which in that case, I would have just used an oem with trashed plating and saved a significant amount of money. Kevin also said that he once got a Meteor jug once ported to almost run as good as a stock oem jug…
And then I had a fella buy a Farmertec 372 from me that I had ported for grins. He had Joe Dyno test it…put down a little over 8hp. Not bad for “junk” Farmertec.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
7:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a crap shoot. Most of the AM stuff goes through China or Taiwan. A percentage of it is serviceable, but you never know if you’ll get a good one. Odds are 50/50 at best. There are some specific reviews on here where people
have been happy with the Duke’s cylinders. But do your homework and prepare for disappointment.