High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

husqvarna versus stihl, which to buy

treeman

New OPE Member
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
--I have about 75 old broken used saws in my garage. almost all of them are echo, husky, etc. the best saws I found to buy are commercial stihls. real good saws cost 600 dollars plus. if you are buying one for a few hundred or less chances are they are not made well. as a general rule a cheaper saw runs slower, weighs more, less power, will last fewer hours, then a commercial stihl. the better saws also have better alloys, plastics, and bearings where as a cheap saw will have bushings and material that bends or breaks easier. huskies compared to stihls, huskies usually have less parts and are easier to work on. but my stihls usually are stronger, lighter, and last longer, but they are more expensive, have more parts and are harder to work on. if I get a real good deal on a used husky, I would probably get it and let my helpers use it till worn, but i do prefer a commercial stihl. ms 200t, ms 460 stihl, ms 880.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i like husqvarna stihls are like john deeres around both are dealer only.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like all saws,firewood and farm work I use a 034 and a 064 but falling in use a 066 or 660 and a 394/5, but I almost always use my 394 cutting down, I like the handle angles and the power they make, feels good in my hands. Of late I use a 066 3\4 wrap 24" falling and like the setup well.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i like all myself except newer poulans that lack anti vibe

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just curious where you think the 562 fits into this scenario?
Somewhere in between those two saws. I would even pick a 357xp over a 562xp. Maybe my 562 is just a dud.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that makes me sad.:(
Hopefully mine proves itself, though won't be until next Spring that I get a chance to really run it / break it in.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No expert here either, that's for sure. Still, hope to win another saw that I don't need, either!

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I prefer Stihls myself. They are a ton easier to work on than husky. Least with the tools I have. I can have a carb off a stihl in 5 minutes....husky....well that's another story. But really its the brand You can afford and You like best. Stihl, husky, and Echo all have fix it parts readily available so I guess the best one would be what your outdoor place is a dealer of.

HuskyHill

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I run Husky. Years ago had a Husky and a Stihl sitting side by side in the woods and it was a Dark and Stormy day and the track loader operator didn't see them sitting there and ran them both over. We ran the Husky the rest of the day and the Stihl was toast. Nuff said

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer Stihls myself. They are a ton easier to work on than husky. Least with the tools I have. I can have a carb off a stihl in 5 minutes....husky....well that's another story. But really its the brand You can afford and You like best. Stihl, husky, and Echo all have fix it parts readily available so I guess the best one would be what your outdoor place is a dealer of.
I believe that 2 and 3 series Huskys are probably the easiest saws to work on. You think Stihls are easy, pull the jug off a 441...