High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 562XP - Any source for steel-caged bearings?

Bob95065

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I posted last summer about a 562XP failure that I experienced in this thread: Husqvarna 562XP - A Tale of Woe. In a nutshell it experience lean seizure and I put that project down.

Yesterday I got a wild hair to pull the crankcase apart mostly because I got sick of seeing that box of parts in my garage. Once I got the crankshaft and seals out I found the smoking gun:

Look at the bottom of the bearing for a larger gap than the rest of the balls are spaced. Ignore the oily thumb and fingers:

20240314_151116.jpg

Very easy to see what happened when the bearing was pressed off the crankshaft:

20240314_165802.jpg

I hate, hate, hate plastic caged bearings and this is why. I started reading up on these saws and it seems like those nylon cages are a weak link which doesn't surprise me. The thing that is surprising is the failure occurred on the flywheel side bearing. I expected the PTO side to go out first.

What happened here is I put the saw back together and did a pressure/vacuum test and it passed. Only when I put a chain with load on it did the crankshaft go eccentric with respect to the seal which caused an air leak. The carburetor tried to compensate by enriching the mixture which masked the problem to the operator (me). When the saw stopped running it was too late.

Does anyone know if steel-caged bearings are available for these saws? I haven't found anything but thought I would ask. If metal caged bearings aren't available I think there may be a market for them but the sales volume may not be adequate for a productions run.

To make it worse this is a 2019 model and from what I read the flywheel side bearing was redesigned which may make it hard to find a replacement. The bearings I found were pretty spendy for a bearing.

20240314_171406.jpg

I really want to like this saw but Husqvarna is making it difficult for me to do that. I really like my old equipment that used 6202 bearings that are easy to source and are constructed to last.

Bob

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really want to like this saw but Husqvarna is making it difficult for me to do that.
I have a 562 also that I am working on, finding the same thing...of course the chainbreak stuff is just a little different from all the others...

I did a quick look at one site for possible bearings, but they were sold out and I think they had the plastic/nylon in them anyway, but yeah, considerably more expensive than the 6202s on Amazon.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That alone is reason to not buy the saw, imo
I believe the 372 and 395 are the only saws produced in the last 20 years without a proprietary pto side bearing. Been longer than that for Stihl. So options are few

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl use plastic cage bearing since the 80s..
I believe the 372 and 395 are the only saws produced in the last 20 years without a proprietary pto side bearing. Been longer than that for Stihl. So options are few
how about 3120? I haven't take mine apart but I think its normal stuff?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a bearing that might work for you. It's a steel cage. It's a 15x35x12mm bearing. Is that the size of your bearing?

The only thing I'm not sure of is, the load rating and speed rating of the bearing.

And an Ebay link to the same bearing.

Bob95065

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday before checking this board I went to the dealer. The PTO bearing was $20 and the flywheel side was $60. That Flywheel side was supercedes in 2020. He said they haven't sold any in years and offered the pair for $40. I took that deal.

I also picked up the seals. They didn't have a gasket set so I ordered one online.

After I split the cases this part was on the bench. I can't find it in the IPL. Anyone know what it is?20240317_141525.jpg

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday before checking this board I went to the dealer. The PTO bearing was $20 and the flywheel side was $60. That Flywheel side was supercedes in 2020. He said they haven't sold any in years and offered the pair for $40. I took that deal.

I also picked up the seals. They didn't have a gasket set so I ordered one online.

After I split the cases this part was on the bench. I can't find it in the IPL. Anyone know what it is?View attachment 412338
Probably something to do with the oil tank vent

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

After I split the cases this part was on the bench. I can't find it in the IPL. Anyone know what it is?View attachment 412338
Hm, some sort of medical device?
🤪